B & D Game Farm  » Other  »
RT 1 Box 812 Harrah, OK  73045
  • The following are pros and cons based on our experience with this company
  • Overall, our experience was only okay, not the best but then there really isn't much option

• by Liberty

My family and I moved to rural Oklahoma about six months ago. Dad’s really adapted to the country life and he wanted to raise all sorts of chickens and pheasants. My dad really wanted to raise quails for their eggs. We eat a lot of eggs, and organic is best. Trying to find quail egg was tough, but surprisingly easier than finding a farm that sold red hens, ironic considering the area has several chicken factories. Anyway, after much research I came across B & D Game Farm online. They were actually the only place within the state of Oklahoma that I could find that specialized in game birds. It was still too far for us to drive out and pick them up, especially since I called ahead

and they said they might not have them available, so we ordered fifty of them by phone. The following are pros and cons based on our experience with this company.

First off, I do like that we were able to order online and have them shipped to us. I liked that they had tips on how to raise them properly, as well as having different types of quails available. I thought the price was decent too. The service was quick, they also took phone orders if you don’t have the internet. Their website provides pictures of what they quails and their chicks look like. They even threw in some extras in case some of the die in the mailing process, which they did.

As pleased as we were that they ...

• even have quail for sale I wasn’t too thrilled with the overall service though. They over charged us by $4 for shipping, didn’t send the inventory/receipt with the chicks, instead they mailed it weeks later. They didn’t tell us the total when we placed our order nor did they tell us our order when they called to tell us that they were shipping out our chicks.

I wasn’t pleased with the way the were mailed out either. We ordered fifty and they came in a shoe size box with holes. I was surprised at the size of the box but it was more than enough room considering how tiny they were, however, several of them had already died, were injured or on the verge of dying when we got

them. At the end of the first two days we ended having only thirty chicks left because they shipping process was so stressful for them. They also didn’t offer to refund us for any lost chicks that died in the shipping process. Frankly, their customer service skills could use some improvement.

Another thing that bugged me was that they said some orders need to be picked up in person under a certain number, but when I called they said it was best to order them because they can’t guarantee that they’ll have what we want when we get there.

Overall, our experience was only okay, not the best but then there really isn’t much option. I guess when they don’t have competition they can afford to have bad customer service.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122081218701031/k2311a082/8.2.10