Hartz flea and tick prevention  » Pets  »
0.5
  • Our vet had said that it was a big problem here
  • I love my dogs and I want the best for them

• by Liberty

About a year ago I got two puppies from a neighbor. They’re siblings and mutt so they have different coats to go with their very different personalities. I got them during winter so they had been inside until it started getting warm enough that we’d let them go outside to play more often. Then summer rolled around and we moved to a rural area with lots of grasses and trees, basically we had a forest

in our backyard. We let them roam about the property during the day and that’s when I realized it was time to start them on a flea and tick prevention. Our vet had said that it was a big problem here. I had never had to worry about this stuff having lived in the city, in the suburbs. While I ordered their topical flea and tick prevention I had to settle for something affordable and available on hand, and that was Hartz Flea and Tick prevention. The following are my pros and cons to using this Hartz product.

There really isn’t much that I liked about this product aside from it being affordable at about $5 for a box of three topical ointments, and that it’s a product that’s easy to find in stores like Wal-Mart. Those two positives aside, it was a total waste of money. The product ...

• Hartz flea and tick prevention
      didn’t work at all, and I find out later with more research that it’s actually toxic for my dogs. Thankfully I only used it on them once and I had their weight wrong and ended up giving them a smaller dose of it.

When it comes down to it, it doesn’t matter how affordable the product is it’s useless and a waste of money if it doesn’t do what it’s suppose to, and it’s not

safe. I can’t believe this product is still being sold. I love my dogs and I want the best for them. Preventing fleas and ticks is costly, but it’s still more affordable than trying to cure them of anything that could result of flea and tick infestation, not to mention the dangers of lyme disease. So don’t skip and spend the extra $10 to get them something that’s safe for them and that actually works.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292081218691031/k2311a082/8.2.10