Sydney Harbor Bridge  » Travel  »
  • I love the sparkles that light up the evening sky over the bridge
  • Australia has many interesting sites to see

• by Leviathan

There are many famous bridges that are known of. One of them happens to be the Sydney Harbor bridge, located in Australia. Many ships and steam boats have passed through this bridge. There is a lot of history to be said. The bridge opened in 1933, and in honor of the bridge, there was a ribbon cutting by Dr. Bradford who was the chief engineer and designer of this bridge. At night you can see the fireworks going off on top of the bridge. I love

the sparkles that light up the evening sky over the bridge.

There are many cars and pedestrians who pass by the bridge day and night. The bridge overlooks a view of several tall buildings. I would love to live in one of those buildings so I could look at the bridge through my bedroom window every morning. There are ways of getting a close up look at the bridge, and that is by the ferry boat. We were given rain preserves for precaution, and it wasn’t a long ride to ...

• get to from where we had started out. The ferry ride was a little shaky while the waves were a bit vigorous that day.

People on the ferry brought cameras and were taking as many pictures to bring back home to there friends and families. I for one didn’t bother to bring any camera. I happen to go to one of the nearby gift shops, and had bought several picture postcards to have as a memory of the bridge. Its cheaper to buy postcards then it is to fuss with

a camera. After the ferry boat ride, I happen to meet up with a tour group. The tour guide allowed me to part take in the group, and was talking about the history of the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

There are many affordable tour guides that you can inquire about. Australia has many interesting sites to see. I love the bridge the most. It has a very unique style and build, and we owe it all to Dr. Bradford. If not for him, there might never be this fantastic bridge.

Alan Nicholson says :

I am really surprised that this review was published with errors. While there is dispute about who the designer of Sydney Harbour Bridge was, it certainly was not Dr Bradford A tiny bit of checking would show Dr Bradfield, not Bradford, was mainly responsible for the design. Ships and steamboats do not pass through it , they pass under it, and while cars and pedestrians may pass by it most actually use the bridge and pass over it My question is why was this not returned to the author for correction before publication, as it diminishes the credibility of all reviews on this site? Sincerely, Alan Nicholson

RS staff replies :

We`re publishing personal opinions, not encyclopedia articles. This review reflects the main idea - the item is “fantastic” and worth a visit. Regards )

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382081218070931/k2311a082/8.2.10