Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Light Diffusing Concealer  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • This cost me £5 which is cheap for a concealer but having used it a few times I am just going to bin it and buy myself a decent one
  • I like to put my concealer on after my foundation as I use a liquid foundation which tends to ‘wash’ away any concealer I have applied first
  • Unfortunately, they have not got the consistency of this concealer right as it is much too thin

• by jeanne71

I have had a few successful purchases from the Collection 2000 range of cosmetics, which is a rather cheap range. I have liked a lipstick or two and a mascara, but this under eye concealer is really bad and has been a total waste of money for me. This cost me £5 which is cheap for a concealer but having used it a few times I am just going to bin it and buy myself a decent one. I shall now commence my moaning about this concealer.

It is a pen design in a flesh tone with a silver pull off cap. Having pulled the cap off, there is a little white brush on the end with which you paint the concealer on. There are no instructions on how to get the concealer to

come out onto the brush, so after pushing, pulling and twisting I worked out I must have to twist the bottom of the pen. I twisted and twisted and started muttering and swearing to myself because I was in a rush to go out and nothing was happening and then after about 10 or so twists, a blob of concealer suddenly came out of the brush landed on my jeans. Bugger. Concealer is a bitch to get out of clothing, so after cleaning myself up I tried to paint it on my skin.

I like to put my concealer on after my foundation as I use a liquid foundation which tends to ‘wash’ away any concealer I have applied first. I do not own powder at present and I do not normally powder my ...

• eyes first, I just like to apply the concealer on top of my foundation when it has set and blend it in. Unfortunately, they have not got the consistency of this concealer right as it is much too thin. I paint it on and obviously it now needs blending, so I gently blend which then has the effect of removing the thin concealer from my skin, revealing my dark circles and shadows again. It is so thin it just comes off on my fingers when I try to blend. There is no point to concealers like this and it is a real sign of how cheaply made it is. I kept re-applying and blending, trying to hardly touch it at all, but it just would not grip the skin properly.
        It hardly made any difference to my dark circles and shadows at all by the time I gave up on trying to improve the effect.

I have dark circles and I also have very dark areas just past the inner corners on my eye – on either side of my nose and this concealer just did not conceal any of that at all. So as a concealer, this product is rubbish. The one good thing I can say about it is that when I smoothed it generally over my under-eye area, it did seem to brighten the area. So as long as you just want to brighten up your under-eyes and you do not actually have any dark circles, this may compliment your foundation and make you look a bit brighter, but it is no good for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311081217840131/k2311a081/8.1.10