Frigidaire FAD704TDP 70-Pint Dehumidifier  » Housewares  »
  • So I figured the biggest problem here was the humidity, and it was then that I decided I needed to purchase a dehumidifier
  • Now I trust the brand Frigidaire, because they've been around for as long as I could remember, so I know they're good
  • I plan on keeping it in the basement during the Fall, Winter, and Spring, it'll definitely prevent dampness and mold in my basement

• by Kim

This summer has got to be one of the worst summers for New York. We experienced high temperatures, and not only that but around here is really humid, so that just makes it even worse! We have experienced numerous heat waves, and there were few little things you could do to save yourself from the heat! Sometimes turning on the air conditioner every time isn’t good, because it uses a lot of electricity, especially when everyone in your home is hot, and you have maybe 3 air conditioners on at a time. So I figured the biggest problem here was the humidity, and it was then that I decided I needed to purchase a dehumidifier. Now I never had a dehumidifier, and I’ve never been to anyone’s home who has one (or at

least I wasn’t aware of it.) I’ve seen a couple of humidifiers though, and usually they were thin, and you could fit them into the corner of your room. Before I purchased the dehumidifier, I was hoping that I would be able to find a slim one, that could fit anywhere easily without being too much of a hassle. Sadly for me, I didn’t find any that were the shape and size I wanted, majority of them were bulky and boxed shaped. So I figured I just had to go with what they had, and what was in my price range.

So I went for the one that had the highest rating on Amazon.com, and there it was! Frigidaire’s FAD704TDP 70-Pint Dehumidifier. Now I trust the brand Frigidaire, because they’ve been around ...

• for as long as I could remember, so I know they’re good. Now I was a little surprised at the price, it was around $220.00, including shipping, I didn’t know if I really wanted to spend that much on it, then I figured, hey, it’ll last me a long time hopefully, and I’ll get a lot of benefits from it. So I disregarded the price, and I went ahead and bought it. It got to my house in like a week, and boy was it big. I didn’t even know where to place it. So I figured I should place it in my basement first, since that’s usually the place with the most humidity in the whole house. So I left it on for overnight, next morning when I came back to it
        I was absolutely shocked. There were gallons of water inside this thing! Gallons! Of Water! Who would of thunk it!??! So I was so happy, it was easy to drain out and I brought it up to my room. Left it on for a few hours and came back, it was so much drier, I was so happy with the results, I immediately did the rest of the house. I plan on keeping it in the basement during the Fall, Winter, and Spring, it’ll definitely prevent dampness and mold in my basement! I love it!

Overall, Frigidaire’s FAD704TDP 70-Pint Dehumidifier is an excellent product, it works great, it’s pretty much silent, and it’ll get the humidity and all of that extra water and dampness out of the room in now time! I regret not purchasing it earlier!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531081217760131/k2311a081/8.1.10