2002 Chrysler Sebring LX Convertible  » Cars  »
Cars
  • To cut back on this problem I never store anything wet inside and pop the trunk and wipe down the seals after going to the car wash or a snow
  • Two weeks after I bought mine I found out I was pregnant and there's no way a car seat will fit in a 2 door

• by Erica Fields
      This summer after I wrecked my Chrysler LHS I was thrown back onto the market looking for a used car. The first lot I walked onto I saw a beautiful silver Chrysler Sebring LX Convertible with a black top. There was also a 2004 hunter green LXI with a beige top, which would have been beautiful for someone else just not me.

I passed on the car that day since my neighbor had just bought an identical car with the upgraded allow rims. Over the next two weeks I test drove 20 cars all about the same price and year, but my thoughts returned to the Sebring so

I came back and made an offer.

One week into the August heat, my friend and I pulled off the lot with the top down and took my new convertible for a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It handles like a dream and with the 30 day tags I got a honk everywhere I turned.

Chrysler motors are known for having horsepower and torque all in one place and the 2. 7 liter engine was no different.

I will say though, I’ve heard the 2. 4 liter is problematic and needs the required maintenance on time or else.

These cars however are meant for straight aways, the wide design ...

• isn’t meant for cornering (maybe with the 16″ wheel option and better tires, but not my girl). The power top can be operated one handed and takes about 10 seconds to fold up or down.

While the top is going down the windows automatically roll down too, but mine sometimes stick. Drivers side seat has power controls and the LX interiors are a very sensible velor option.

I would have preferred the LXI with its standard leather and Bose speakers, but I couldn’t pass up the deal I got on mine. My interior is a muted gray with walnut trim.

The cup holders and storage compartments are

all well thought out and easy to reach. One of the few problems I have experienced is concerning the trunk.

If fact, every Chrysler I have owned seems to let a little water in leaving a musky smell. To cut back on this problem I never store anything wet inside and pop the trunk and wipe down the seals after going to the car wash or a snow.

Altogether I would give this reasonably priced convertible an “8″ and would keep it until it falls apart except for one problem. Two weeks after I bought mine I found out I was pregnant and there’s no way a car seat will fit in a 2 door.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92501121751231/k2311a0125/1.25.07