500 Days of Summer (2009) Movie  » Movies  »
  • I was so bored so I decided to see it because I have read raves about this film
  • People get hurt, people cannot avoid getting hurt, and eventually people will have to move on

• by dzzy21rn

When I saw Inception, I was really thinking about the actor who played Arthur. I really thought so hard until I remembered that he was Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the guy who was in the movie, 500 Days of Summer.

I saw 500 Days of Summer (2009) at home when I was down with the flu. I was so bored so I decided to see it because I have read raves about this film. It stars Joseph

Gordon-Levitt,(Tom Hansen) a geeky, normal guy who meets the temp Zooey Deschanel (Summer Finn). He falls head over heels for her. The tag line is that it is a romantic comedy but it is not a love story.

And it is not. Tom falls in love with Summer. He envisions her to be the one. He gives his all just to be with her. He enjoys her company. Summer, on the other hand, is a ...

• little difficult to understand. She is a pessimist, she shows some hope and promise, but cannot really deliver. She cannot really commit to what Tom wants.

This movie is very real. There are people that we meet and we fall in love with but cannot be with us. Not every person can reciprocate our feelings. The actors did a great job in portraying their roles. The cinematography was great, the directing was great. It was

too real sometimes, that I ended up hating the character of Summer and felt pity for Tom. However, the ending was very real too. People get hurt, people cannot avoid getting hurt, and eventually people will have to move on.

I liked this movie, but I did not love it. I watch movies to escape reality, not be in it. Maybe other people really appreciated it, but I was not able to enjoy it 100%.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111081217451231/k2311a081/8.1.10