On the Road with Austin and Santino: Season 1 Premier TV Show  » TV  »
  • Some folks might consider it a condensed version of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy as the two designers go on the road all over America to dress up those in need
  • Part of the show's fun is seeing if Austin and Santino can agree on a direction
  • I must admit that I was more intrigued by this show than I thought I'd be

• by Orrymain

Austin Scarlett and Santino Rice, one time contestants on Project Runway, have their own show now called On the Road with Austin and Santino. Some folks might consider it a condensed version of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy as the two designers go on the road all over America to dress up those in need.

These two are quite the pair, and they aren’t for everyone. Santino has been known to be very up front and can be

brash, while Austin’s lifestyle choices don’t always make traditional America happy. In fact, this premier half hour edition of the show takes place in Weatherford, Texas, the land of the cowboy. When Austin goes shopping, even though he smartly wasn’t outfitted in a dress as he’s been known to do, you could see the store clerk staring in odd curiosity.

People should be who they are, and I’m all for that, but it is exactly those unique choices that ...

• will probably make or break this series. The show has a good shot since it’s coupled with Project Runway for a two hour fashion night every week on Lifetime. They’ll have a chance to work out the kinks, too, as a result.

Their first challenge is Sadie Lynn Carter who is going to the Cowgirl Ball and needs a makeover and outfit. She’s a Roman trick rider, and wow, was she good. We were treated to her

doing her thing for a few minutes, and it was a delight. Sadie doesn’t wear dresses and has only worn high heels once. She never did proms; she does rodeos instead.

Part of the show’s fun is seeing if Austin and Santino can agree on a direction. I must admit that I was more intrigued by this show than I thought I’d be. I really didn’t think I’d like it, but it turned out to be a bit entertaining.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101081217341231/k2311a081/8.1.10