Krusteaz French Toast
  • It was tender, including the crust, which has often been my problem with other frozen breakfast foods

• by Orrymain

I’ve found a new food to love, and that’s Krusteaz French Toast which I tried for the first time last week and which I intend to enjoy again the very next time that I go grocery shopping.

I have to say that I was extremely skeptical because the box espouses all kind of healthy words. Healthy is great, but that usually means it doesn’t taste very good. Still, I decided to give

it a shot.

The package I purchased contained two sealed plastic wraps of three slices of French toast. Now the instructions say you can prepare it a few different way, but I chose to microwave the product, so in short order, I was enjoying my favorite breakfast food of all time. Good French toasts makes my tummy happy, as my inner child declares happily.

The taste was terrific. It was tender, including ...

• the crust, which has often been my problem with other frozen breakfast foods. Every bite was a delight. Two slices is 180 calories, for those who track that sort of thing. For me, being a lover of French Toast, I ate three at a sitting and was extremely satisfied until the next mealtime came along.

Per the package, Krusteaz French Toast is cholesterol free and the French toast is multi-grain.

It claims to have less sodium, no trans fat, preservatives, cholesterol, etc., while being a good source of fiber and using something called corowise to make its food healthier. This substance is apparently taken from plant sterols. I don’t pretend to understand all of this, but it’s supposed to be a good thing for the average person.

Whatever they used, I liked it, and I can’t wait to have Krusteaz French Toast again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271081217211231/k2311a081/8.1.10