Arm & Hammer Puppy Housebreaking Pads with Baking Soda  » Pets  »
  • Eventually you'll want to change it out especially if you have more than one dog sharing the pads at the same time because even though they are really absorbant there is a limit to their abilities

• by Freya954

Puppies are the most fun to have around. No matter who you are, how old or young you are, puppies can put a smile on anyones face, and I have two puppies right now. They are a handful but they are the most adorable pets and my kids love them. We’re in the process of potty training them right now, as they’ve really just been weened from their mother and are still going potty in the house if we don’t catch them in time. And when I was younger and we had puppies my mother always just used to lay newspaper on the ground and that was always such a mess to deal with because the paper would get so wet that it would rip and you ended up having to wash the floor afterwards anyway so I didn’t

see how that would be all that helpful this time around.

There’s something in these new Arm & Hammer housebreaking pads that attracts the puppies to them when they are ready to go to the potty. I really didn’t have to train them to use the pads at all, and they were cheap enough that I could buy a box and it would last a few days or even a week at a time because they are really absorbant and you can use one multiple times.

I never even smelled the “accidents” when they occured because the pads had baking soda in it that obsorbed the odor. And it’s three layers thick, so they stand the test of time. The top layer is rip proof and my puppies have a tendency to dig on new surfaces and claw at it to ...

• make themselves comfortable when they lay down which a lot of dogs do, and these pads have never once ripped since I’ve started using them.

The middle layer is quilted so it absorbs all the wetness and that’s where the odor control located so you don’t smell the wetness after it’s occured. The liner on the bottom helps prevent anything from leaking to the bottom so if you keep your puppies in a crate or kennel, it keeps them dry. They could lay right on top of a pad they’ve already gone to the bathroom on and not get wet. Eventually you’ll want to change it out especially if you have more than one dog sharing the pads at the same time because even though they are really absorbant there is a limit to their abilities.

But I honestly wouldn’t have

any other pads or use anything else during the potty training of a dog but these Arm & Hammer housebreaking pads because it does everything that I never had when I was using other things while we had puppies growing up.

My dogs actually love these pads and go right to them now every time they have to go to the bathroom, and I’ve been moving the pads closer and closer to the door, and eventually I’ll have the pads half in and half outside of the door, and slowly start to get the puppies to go outside when they need to go so it’s a great training product to move your puppies outdoors and ween them from the pads all together. Nice and quilted for kennels so they are soft to lay on when they aren’t going to the bathroom on them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291081216841131/k2311a081/8.1.10