Rite Aid Loratadine  » Medicine  »
  • And I've even noticed that sometimes the prescription stuff that he gives me isn't all it's cracked up to be either
  • So I like to find a few different things that I can use to tide me over or even use when I'm just fed up with the ineffectiveness of my prescription
  • Still better than buying Claritin over the counter because those are about the same cost and you get a tenth the amount of it in the package
  • These particular antihistamine tablets are a 24 hour dose, so that really does go a long way since you can use the bottle for a whole three months, and when you consider it like that, I pay almost the same amount for the same amount of supply for my prescription allergy medication
  • I don't think they do real well at lasting the whole day though

• by Freya954

I have awful allergies and my kids do too, so I have a standing prescription for allergy medication that my doctor gave me that I sometimes let slide and the dates expire before I can get it refilled, so I’m at the store looking for something to tide me over until I can get back in to my doctor and get a new prescription filled. And I’ve even noticed that sometimes the prescription stuff that he gives me isn’t all it’s cracked up to be either. So I like to find a few different things that I can use to tide me over or even use when I’m just fed up with the ineffectiveness of my prescription.

The Rite Aid Loratadine is an antihistamine for allergies that I’ve used and now that I’ve done some price

comparison shopping it’s not all that cheap, at least not what you’d expect from a store brand product like this. Usually Rite Aid has some great prices, but I find that Walgreens has better prices when it comes to their store brand products. These that I got from Rite Aid were about $20, and it was a bottle of about 120, which still isn’t all that bad, but it’s not as good as it could be. Still better than buying Claritin over the counter because those are about the same cost and you get a tenth the amount of it in the package. So I guess it depends on what you’re comparing it to to decide whether or not it’s a good deal that you’re getting.

These particular antihistamine tablets are a 24 hour dose, so ...

• that really does go a long way since you can use the bottle for a whole three months, and when you consider it like that, I pay almost the same amount for the same amount of supply for my prescription allergy medication. My allergies are really bad and I’m stuffed up for months in the spring time and so are my kids. These obviously are too strong to give to the kids, but I’ve been able to use them with some success.

I find that they help alleviate my congestion quite a bit. After an hour or so when I take it I’m already starting to feel a lot better so I know that it’s a good product, at least better than most of the over-the-counter stuff that you’ll pay an arm and a leg for

and only get 24 tablets or whatever. These work better than those at clearing up my stuffy head.

I don’t think they do real well at lasting the whole day though. I try not to take it first thing in the morning if I can help it, because my allergies are always worse in the evening hours and if I take it too early in the morning then it’s worn off by the time my symptoms are bad at night. One thing it does stop in its tracks though is the itchy nose and throat that I suffer from. When I take these, I don’t have to deal with that itchiness at all, and I actually think these work better on the itchy and sneezing than my prescription does. Not bad, but it’s not the cheapest I’ve seen either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261081216831131/k2311a081/8.1.10