Acer S1200 DLP Projector  » Electronics  »
2.0
  • However, now after using this projector for a while, I know this technology is not standard and lots of projectors available in the market with better display technology

• by Galega

When I opened a new office, one of the most important things that I was required to get was a projector. After doing some research and talking with friends who have used a projector I zeroed in Acer S1200 DLP projector. Though, this is not up to my expectation but since projector is not used daily and my work is not that too much, more or less I am satisfied with this projector.

However, let me discuss some nice feature about

this projector. And the most important is its stunningly great resolution.

Having a projector which has good resolution is a must to make your presentation perfect and at this meter my acer projector is perfect. XGA resolution is simply awesome.

Though, very little has been told to me by the sales man and even in the catalogue about the display technology, yet I go for this one. The display technology of this projector is powered by DLP.

Initially, I was not ...

• aware of the fuss DLP. However, now after using this projector for a while, I know this technology is not standard and lots of projectors available in the market with better display technology.

This is a big drawback of this projector. However, the lack in display technology is compensated by great power when it comes to brightness.

With 2500 ANSI lumens, the brightness of this projector is worth applauding and to an extent it effectively make the lack in display technology

a bit redundant. Another, pitfall is not good contrast ratio.

Though, it is stated in the catalogue and told to me by the salesman that the contrast ratio is 2000:1, I am yet to experience it in real life situation. Seeing all these positives and negatives, I am not that much satisfied with this projector.

Though, I will keep on using this for a while because at this point of time I am not able to invest more on this segment. Later, I will definitely change this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161081216151031/k2311a081/8.1.10