Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Learning Keys  » Baby care  »
1.0
  • While looking around the various toys I was attracted to the colorful keys of the toy and the fact that it was musical seemed like a interesting addition as my baby responds very well to music and enjoys listening to fun songs and music
  • It was priced at S$40.00 which I thought was fine as I was looking for something under S$50.00
  • This is a boring toy and not worth the price

• by true_value

The Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Learning Keys toy was a gift to my daughter when she was 7 months old. It was given to her by my good friend who was seeing her for the first time as I had given birth in my home country and only returned few days prior to meeting her.

In fact she wasn’t sure what to get and had taken me to the toy shop and asked me to select a suitable toy. I had two things in mind while selecting. 1. Not to select something too expensive 2. Get something that would keep my baby entertained.

While looking around the various toys I was attracted to the colorful keys of the toy and the fact that it was musical seemed like a interesting addition as my baby responds very well to music and enjoys listening to fun songs and music.

The toy had a white key holder which is the

musical part and with it were attached 3 keys. The toy claimed to open up a world of learning fun, with a set of keys that bring favorite songs and colors to life. The orange key has a blue car that spins and clicks, with textured rollers. The green key has sliding beads and a yellow house with spinning door. And the blue key has rattling beads and a red boat that slides along on the waves.

As for the music it has sing-along songs relating to all three. The keys are detachable and can be taken anywhere. The toy requires 3 “AAA” alkaline batteries and comes with a starter set.

The product claimed to make learning more fun with the whole collection of Laugh & Learn toys. With rich music, sing-along songs, and lots of activities, they combine early academics and everyday experiences for the way kids really learn. It claims to teach First words, Colors,

• Textures and Favorite Songs.

The toy was nicely packed in a cardboard box and was fully visible inside clear plastic cover. It was priced at S$40.00 which I thought was fine as I was looking for something under S$50.00.

My friend too agreed it was a good choice and got it for my daughter. But sadly all that excitement died the moment I took it out. Initially I thought it was because of the packaging that the toy was heavy but no. Even on its own the whole toy is heavy even for adult it is quite cumbersome to hold the whole thing it is very bulky.

Fortunately the keys are detachable so I removed all the keys from the hook and gave it to my daughter to play with but she wasn’t interested because there wasn’t much to do with the keys. She is not a teether person and even if she was the keys

are way too hard and bulky to use as a teether. The keys have some sliding beads and textured rollers and a clicking car but that is about it.

The music box which is the key holder is the only thing that generates some interest but not much either. It has 6 rhymes on the three buttons corresponding to the three keys. But my baby was not interested and she would press the buttons a few times and be bored with it. She prefers to see visuals with music. So in the end she did not play with the toy at all.

The only thing I could think of doing with the toy is to teach her colors as the toy is quite colorful. Once the batteries are exhausted I wouldn’t bother to get them replaced as it would be a waste.

This is a boring toy and not worth the price. I do not recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5430071215900131/k2311a0730/7.30.10