DVD Xpress Movie Rental Kiosk  » Entertainment  »
  • I like to watch movies especially because I don’t waste my money on cable or satellite TV
  • It is similar to the Redbox DVD rental box, but a little bit better in my opinion
  • The DVD Xpress movie rental box is convenient, but has far less locations than the Redbox
  • This is cool for the look and feel, but it is really a problem when returning movies
  • This rental box is great and I definitely recommend it to people that have one accessible

• by adrean_j

I like to watch movies especially because I don’t waste my money on cable or satellite TV. I used to rent from blockbuster, but was tired of the high prices for a one night rental. I then started renting from the Redbox and was happy with it. I didn’t expect to find another rental box source, however I did. Shopping in a local market I ran into the DVD Xpress rental box. It allows you to rent a movie for a dollar a day. I like this box because all I have to do is swipe my card and I will get a movie in seconds. I don’t have to search around a store and everything is done virtually through the screen. It is similar to the Redbox DVD rental box, but a little bit better in my opinion. There is a wide variety of movies and even older movies. That is one of

the problems I’ve faced renting movies. For some reason when renting from a rental box you can only find pretty much new or recent movies. At this rental box they had some older titles that were more popular back in the day. This allows me to have a wider range of movies to rent. It is easy to use and understand, however I have had problems with the screen jumping around. I don’t know why but for some reason, I can press one thing and the screen will go to something completely different. It also skips pages sometimes which means I miss out on some of the titles and don’t even realize.

The DVD Xpress movie rental box is convenient, but has far less locations than the Redbox. So it is good if you live right next to one. They also dispense the movies in actual traditional DVD movie boxes. This is cool for ...

• the look and feel, but it is really a problem when returning movies. Sometimes they pop open and get stuck in the machine. This is so not cool, because a DVD could possibly break. I don’t want to have to pay for a broken movie. I know I’m not the only one who has had this problem because I’ve received movies in broken cases. The customer service however is pretty reliable and they answered the phones pretty quick. When I explained that the DVD case had broken and I couldn’t return it, they told me that no charges would be made and to leave the DVD with store management. This makes me really at ease, because it lets me know that it is not one of those companies that just want to chare up people’s credit card as soon as they can. Also the return instructions are very small and not on the screen.
        Redbox gives you the directions on the screen. With DVD Xpress you must see the disclaimer on the outside of the machine, and if you don’t it will pose a problem.

My husband got a DVD stuck in the machine also, because it says in really small letter in the corner of the machine to wait for a green light to return the movie. He didn’t see it and pushed it in when there was a red light, which means more broken cases. Besides the actually machine the DVD quality has always been pretty good and I haven’t had any major problems renting from this box. I don’t use it all of the time, but I like to go to it when the Redbox titles are doing absolutely nothing for me. This rental box is great and I definitely recommend it to people that have one accessible. You can also make reservations online and get email offers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5930071215541231/k2311a0730/7.30.10