Clean Up Brand Scrubbing Sponges  » Housewares  »
  • I like to use regular sponges when I clean up around the house, however whenever I send my husband for something he always comes back with the wrong thing
  • I thought they were pretty cute sponges, but didn’t like the fact that they were covered with the silver scrubbing material
  • I love them because they are sensitive enough to use on Teflon, but rough enough to get any stuck on food off

• by adrean_j

I don’t really like to use Brillo pads or scrubbing sponges because they always seem to scratch up my dishes and counter tops. I like to use regular sponges when I clean up around the house, however whenever I send my husband for something he always comes back with the wrong thing. This time he brought me some Clean Up brand scrubbing sponges. I got upset immediately and didn’t want to use them. I didn’t really have a choice because I’d already thrown out my older sponges. I just hoped for the best at this point. I can certainly see why he bought them because they are really bright and can call out to a person’s eyes. There were 3 scrubbing sponges in the pack in 3 different colors. There was

silver and pink, silver and blue and silver and green. I thought they were pretty cute sponges, but didn’t like the fact that they were covered with the silver scrubbing material. There wasn’t one soft area on the outside of the sponge.

None the less it came time to clean after dinner and I had to do some dishes. I was quite pleased at how well they were working on the dishes. I’ve always thought that using the scrubbing side of the sponge leaves behind dirt and old food particles. With these sponges my plates and bowls came out perfectly clean. If you are on of those people that like to pour soap onto your sponge directly just make sure it actually gets worked in. The soap can easily slide down ...

• the Brillo like outside not allowing to actually penetrate the sponge inside and make bubbles. If you just use your fingers to work it in, the scrubbing sponge can get just as sudsy as other sponges. While these scrubbing sponges worked wonders on dishes it also did great on my pots and pans. I love them because they are sensitive enough to use on Teflon, but rough enough to get any stuck on food off. I hate using scrubbers that scratch up the bottom of pots and pans leaving them scarred and ugly. Wit these scrubbers I don’t have to worry about soaking my pots and pans for hours just to get the food off. They allow me to clean up quick and easily.

These sponges didn’t work as well when

it came to counter tops and surfaces. It leaves too much water behind, because it is hard to ring it out as much as necessary to clean counter tops. I like them to scratch off any spilled food on the stove top or microwave. One of these sponges lasts for about a month. Then has to be replaced so a three pack can last for three months. They do start to fall apart after quite a bit of use, but what sponge doesn’t. I didn’t expect to be able to appreciate these scrubbing sponges, but I did. I urge everyone to go ahead and give the Clean Up brand scrubbing sponges a try. They work better than any Brillo or regular sponge. So stop buying them separately and invest in these scrubbing sponges ASAP.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330071215441231/k2311a0730/7.30.10