Romano’s Macaroni Grill Italian Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
11745 W Interstate 10 San Antonio, TX 78245
  • I love Italian food, but have a hard time finding good Italian restaurants to din e in
  • I’d past it a couple of times before I found out that it was an Italian restaurant
  • When I went inside I was immediately impressed wit how elegant it looked on the outside
  • I like to mix mine a certain way and even add a little salt
  • It is child friendly, but I would recommend it as a place for love birds

• by adrean_j

I love Italian food, but have a hard time finding good Italian restaurants to din e in. A lot of time the food doesn’t taste authentic or even good. When I first moved o San Antonio I saw a sign for a restaurant called the macaroni grill. I’d past it a couple of times before I found out that it was an Italian restaurant. I wanted to go really bad so I went with a friend of mine. When I went inside I was immediately impressed wit how elegant it looked on the outside. Since it isn’t a gourmet or 5 star restaurant I really didn’t expect that atmosphere. There were beautiful chandeliers throughout the whole restaurant along with Italy inspired light fixtures, pictures, and music. I loved the fact that It had the perfect lighting, it was kind of romantic because of the dimness. It really felt like I was

sitting at a candle lit dinner. The staff is dressed very nice wearing button up shirts and ties. I don’t see this often at a restaurant of it’s caliber. They have a variety to wines and beverages, but I just stuck with a soft drink because I had to drive.

After ordering my beverage I took a look at the extensive menu. As I glanced at the menu we were greeted and served a warm but crisp loaf of bread. I loved the presentation because it was served in a brown bag jus like the deli. The bread was golden and crisp on the outside, but the inside literally melted in my mouth. Along with this bread is a pack of herbs they serve that you can mix with as much olive oil as you want. I like the way they give you the control. I like to mix mine ...

• a certain way and even add a little salt. The bread was even more delightful when mixed with the array of spices served. I really hadn’t experienced anything this good. The menu was filled with the traditional Italian dishes and I had the lasagna. It ran me about 14 bucks. The prices are moderate, and you really can’t find anything for under 10 dollars unless it’s on the children’s menu. My friend had the chicken cannelloni. When I took a bite of the lasagna I almost screamed for joy. It was the absolute best lasagna I ever had. Uh, I cannot even describe how the savory meat and sausage blended with the perfectly seasoned sauce. The noodles were cooked to perfection and the cheese was melted perfectly. When I tasted the cannelloni it was just as good.

After eating our meal, neither one of us could finish it. Takeout boxes is

a must, because there is no way you can finish the amount of pasta they give you in one sitting, especially if you ate the bread. The waiters were very sufficient and I didn’t have any problems at all. They even pack your takeout for you which is not very common. I just let them know I wanted a box and they took my plates put it in a container and brought it back out neatly packed into a paper bag. It can get no better than this. I love the Macaroni Grill and it is one of my favorite restaurants of all time. It is child friendly, but I would recommend it as a place for love birds. It is very romantic and an all around good date location. Even if you don’t have a date still take time to visit this restaurant because it will make your taste buds dance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 730071215431231/k2311a0730/7.30.10