Kotex Super Plus Absorbency Tampons  » Health  »
2.0
  • I noticed these tampons are not shaped like me, but more like a rectangle and this allows leakage to slide right down the sides
  • I probably wouldn’t recommend these tampons to anyone that is too active, because I don’t think they are the most reliable
  • The last thing I have to say is if this is how the Super Plus absorbency tampons work, I definitely have to stay away from the regular or super

• by adrean_j

I have always dreaded my time of the month with a passion. I’m sure most women do, but I hate everything about it. I hate the leaky feeling, the wetness, the cramps and the messiness of it all. I figured out that tampons are much less messy than sanitary napkins and have been using them for quite some time. The last time I went to the store they didn’t have the brand I was looking for so I picked up the Kotex Super Plus scented tampons. I don’t usually use Kotex, but they were affordable and I figured they could be considered reliable after seeing there many advertisements on TV. I was kind of heavy when I first started using the tampons and they seemed to bee working great. I’ve never really

been able to understand why they call these tampons scented. It seems that the only thing scented is the applicator. I didn’t really like the scent it smelled like some cheap potpourri. I’ve never like potpourri so I wasn’t too excited about it.

The applicator was very easy to use although it was kind of bulky. In fact I’ve never used any super absorbency tampon that was so large in size. The applicator was purple so it was kind of appealing to the eye. I liked the plastic that they used to make it, because it was smooth and could easily glide into place. I never had to worry about getting a good grip on the tampon because I just put my fingers around the little edge that was protruding. It was ...

• simple to apply the tampon. The Kotex tampon itself did a great job the first day I used it it seemed. The tampons seemed to be full to capacity before they began to leak. After my flow started to calm down it was the weirdest thing. The tampons wasn’t absorbing what little fluid was coming out. It would leak and then when I removed the tampon there was practically nothing on it but a streak. I noticed these tampons are not shaped like me, but more like a rectangle and this allows leakage to slide right down the sides.

None the less I have to wear a pant liner or pad when wearing these tampons for the last 2 days of my cycle. I guess I really just couldn’t tell when I

had a heavier flow. I didn’t really like the way they felt inside of me, because they were quite bulky. I also couldn’t tell this until my flow had decreased. These tampons are okay, but I wouldn’t choose them as my first choice. I’ve experienced way better as far as protection and feeling. They were by far the worse scented tampons I’ve ever used. I probably wouldn’t recommend these tampons to anyone that is too active, because I don’t think they are the most reliable. I could literally feel some of my leaks just because I got up off of the couch and moved around. The last thing I have to say is if this is how the Super Plus absorbency tampons work, I definitely have to stay away from the regular or super.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3430071215411231/k2311a0730/7.30.10