El Paso Community College  » Education  »
9570 Gateway North Boulevard El Paso, TX 79924
  • I have enrolled in this college twice and have enjoyed the experience both times
  • I know some schools won’t say anything as long as they get paid there tuition money
  • I decided to just call up to the campus and good thing I did
  • I love the fact that I can become a registered nurse and don’t even have to attend a university
  • This college is definitely not for those people searching for a large college to go to

• by adrean_j

I have enrolled in this college twice and have enjoyed the experience both times. Not knowing what direction I wanted to go in, I needed to have a talk with one of the counselors on staff. They were very friendly and help me to find the major for me. I was also kept informed which is an important part of being a college student. I knew exactly how many credits I could transfer and for what coursed this applied. This is very important, because I don’t want to take unnecessary classes. I know some schools won’t say anything as long as they get paid there tuition money. I was guided through the whole registration process which is really important for new students. I had someone wit me along the ways going from

the actual admissions, entrance exam, financial aid, and registration. I didn’t have to be scared to ask questions or get answers. All of the staff is friendly and informative from office to office. I even have pleasant experiences when I call.

I’ve had to call this college and always get an answer. There are no constant ringing or audio recordings. I know that I really hate talking to machines. I also love the fact that I can take care of almost everything online, and what can’t be taken care of online they will mail to you. I once got locked out of my account and was worried about what to do. I decided to just call up to the campus and good thing I did. They were abel to reset my information ...

• within one minute. It was as simple as that. El Paso Community College is very versatile and has something to offer for each and every person. They not only offer associates degrees and credit transfers, but they also offer certificate of completion programs for those people who are not interested in a degree. I personally just changed my course of study from business to nursing. I love the fact that I can become a registered nurse and don’t even have to attend a university. My mom attended community college and now runs the hospital she used to work at, so it can really open doors for you.

The bookstore is small and quaint and so is the campus. I really like this because for one it is a little bit easier to

find parking, and two I don’t have to get lost searching for classes. This college is definitely not for those people searching for a large college to go to. It can be hectic during the school week, but that is only if you opt for day classes. There is not a large variety of places to eat on campus but you can always find a little subway and some pizza. The instructors that I’ve experienced all seem to care about there students and the institution of learning. I really only had a bad experience with one instructor, and he was old and senile. I don’t even know why he was still allowed to teach. The school is equipped wit everything a college student needs for a fraction of the price of a university.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5030071215401231/k2311a0730/7.30.10