Oscar Mayer Classic Bun-Length Beef Franks  » Food  »
  • The last time I got them it was their premium brand, but the ones I bought most recently was the Oscar Mayer Classic Bun-Length Beef Franks
  • It's very simple to seal and re-seal the bags, and I like that they are compacted into groups of four

• by Orrymain

I’ve always loved hot dogs, and I grew up hearing the jingle about Oscar Mayer wieners. We ate a bunch of them before my parents switched brands. I had no part of that; I was a kid. It’s only been in the last couple of years that off and on I’ve purchased this brand again, usually when it’s on sale. The last time I got them it was their premium brand, but the ones I bought most

recently was the Oscar Mayer Classic Bun-Length Beef Franks.

What’s the difference between premium and classic? Quite honestly, I’m not sure. I didn’t look to see what it might be because these were on sale and they met my two main requirements, that they were beef franks and that they were bun length.

Now per the package this item contains “no artificial flavors, colors, fillers or by-products,” all of which is good. One hot dog equals 180 calories.

The way Oscar ...

• Mayer does its packaging is to encase four hot dogs in a single, re-sealable plastic bag and then connect the two bags. They easily pull apart, held together by that glue stuff that just about everyone uses these days. I do like this. It’s very simple to seal and re-seal the bags, and I like that they are compacted into groups of four.

These are thinner franks, not as plump as other brands. They tasted tougher to me

in that they were harder to bite into. I’m not sure if that was the skin or what, but it held true with all of the hot dogs. Taste wise, they were okay. They’re Oscar Mayer, and I didn’t have a problem with them, but they also didn’t have that extra whatever that I like in my favorite brand, Ball Park Franks.

That said, I was satisfied with this product and surely will buy it again when it’s on sale.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2730071215271231/k2311a0730/7.30.10