Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea: Monster from the Inferno TV Show  » TV  »
  • I remember vividly how they used that as a guide, but this is the first show in re-watching the series where I've been aware of it, so I think this might be the first time that they start to focus on this
  • Seaman Patterson (Paul Trinka) is definitely watching and waiting for the ball to reach the bottom before opening the hatch
  • I love that, but it still amazes me the way the command structure is

• by Orrymain

The third season of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea begins with this episode entitled Monster from the Inferno. The major guest star is Arthur Hill, who ends up in contact with our first sea monster of the year. This one is pretty intelligent and isn’t just a giant fish.

Following are some of my feelings and reactions to this episode:

–They saw the cylinder next to the chamber where divers go out and return. When the water is full, the orange ball is at

the top. I remember vividly how they used that as a guide, but this is the first show in re-watching the series where I’ve been aware of it, so I think this might be the first time that they start to focus on this. Seaman Patterson (Paul Trinka) is definitely watching and waiting for the ball to reach the bottom before opening the hatch.

–I had to chuckle at the voice of the brain that invades Lindsay’s body. It’s Dick Tufeld, and I immediately recognized ...

• him from his Lost in Space work. His voice is very distinctive to anyone who is a regular in the realm of science fiction.

–Things are definitely more relaxed on this veteran Seaview crew. Captain Crane isn’t even wearing a tie, tucked in or not.

–I love the division of order. A controlled Crane orders the Seaview underway and to an odd heading. He’s very combatant about it, even with Nelson sitting there. Morton acknowledges the order, though, without a look over to the

admiral. Crane is in charge of this sub. I love that, but it still amazes me the way the command structure is.

–We also see some other parts of the latest version of the missile room that will be used more often as the show goes forth. The Seaview is apparently a continual work in progress. The dampening rods provide plenty of drama for this show.

Overall, this was a solid beginning for a third season. It certainly had a lot of action and drama.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030071215151231/k2311a0730/7.30.10