Sea Hunt: Underwater Drop TV Show  » TV  »
  • Edson Stroll plays Lubek, and he's the most interesting to me
  • He has never done much for me, so I really wasn't impressed by his presence
  • I thought he was a little stiff in this role

• by Orrymain

Sea Hunt: Underwater Drop, which aired in February 1960, was the fifth show of this adventure series’ third season on television. It’s the second show in a row that has dealt with Mike Nelson, deep sea diver and ex-Navy frogman, working with the Coast Guard. Now in the last one, he was said to be volunteering, but in this one, the narration stated that he’s a member of the Coast Guard Auxilliary.

In this outing, two men, Julian Lobek and

George Taylor, are running a diving school for tourists when an underwater fight occurs and Lobek kills Taylor. Of course, he does his best to mislead the authorities about every facet of the event.

Edson Stroll plays Lubek, and he’s the most interesting to me. Though he was a regular on McHale’s Navy, what I always think of when I see him are his two appearances on The Twilight Zone where he was pretty much represented as the ideal hunk ...

• of a man. He was in The Trade-Ins and The Eye of the Beholder episodes, both of which are favorites.

Victor Buono was the chief villain, a role that he often played. He has never done much for me, so I really wasn’t impressed by his presence. I’d rather watch Stroll.

I did enjoy this show on the whole. It had a lot of underwater action, but wasn’t overboard with it on this night.

Underwater Drop also guest starred Mike

Steele as Coast Guard Commander Tugwell. I thought he was a little stiff in this role. He had an approachable vibe, but I didn’t really think it was a great performance. I felt the same about the student diver played by Linda DeVol. She could have been a tad looser in her portrayal.

Overall, the show had action and drama. It was moderately believable, the part that was questionable being Lubek’s sudden turnaround at the end without much prodding.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030071214801131/k2311a0730/7.30.10