White Oleander by Janet Fitch  » Books  »
  • I admired the author's ability to make descriptions into works of art, in painting I think she'd be a genius of impressionism
  • The main characters gripped my attention from the very start, I thought the author did a great job in evolving each one carefully
  • I found myself learning and coping with situations beside her, somehow feeling stronger from her victories

• by Iryna
      I found the book absolutely bewitching. The writing captures imagination and is almost dreamlike in nature.

The dynamic between mother, a poetess, that holds an almost hyptotic grip on her daughter’s life throughout the story and a daughter, who is

the one telling the story - is alive and complex.

I admired the author’s ability to make descriptions into works of art, in painting I think she’d be a genius of impressionism.

The main characters gripped my attention from the ...

• very start, I thought the author did a great job in evolving each one carefully.

The girl, being the heroine of the book, is very mature and very much in the posession of her world.

The hard life pressed on

her at an early age would ordinarily depress me if not for a purpose of sense behind each happening.

I found myself learning and coping with situations beside her, somehow feeling stronger from her victories.

An absolute masterpiece of fiction.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172401121481131/k2311a0124/1.24.07