Highway Patrol: Mistaken Identity TV Show  » TV  »
  • The reason the show has a hook to it in my opinion is because in the opening, we meet such a sweet couple, learning that this is their first vacation in seven years without their children
  • They really made a convincing couple together, and I greatly enjoyed watching them

• by Orrymain

The fifth show of season three, Highway Patrol: Mistaken Identity which stars Broderick Crawford, was a watchable entry that pretty much held my interest. Sometimes I almost was distracted, but the story kept me enticed for the most part, even though there were holes here and there in the plot development and the spoken dialog.

In this 1957 outing, there’s a nasty case of mistaken identity. The reason the show

has a hook to it in my opinion is because in the opening, we meet such a sweet couple, learning that this is their first vacation in seven years without their children. All they want is to be alone and enjoy each other. It’s such a common thought and emotion, something most everyone can identify with in one way or another. We end up caring about this couple ...

• straightaway.

Ultimately, the man is mistaken for a diamond merchant. He’s beaten and pretty much left to die on the side of the road. This is one of the holes in the story. At the end when the villain is taken into custody, there are assumptions made that could mean disaster, like notifying the man’s wife when they really don’t know if the man is alive or dead.

Harry Strang

played John Colter, the husband, while Mary Newton was his wife, Martha. They really made a convincing couple together, and I greatly enjoyed watching them.

Conversely, I didn’t think all that much of the villains of the piece. In fact, the main villain just wasn’t believable, and I didn’t like the stage direction that manipulated his movements. They were odd.

Overall, though, this was a solid half hour of police drama.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1030071214791131/k2311a0730/7.30.10