Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa  » Travel  »
Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo 1101 West Sligh Avenue Tampa, FL
  • Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is probably the best zoo I have ever been to
  • This is not your typical petting zoo experience where you can only touch domestic animals like sheep (although the zoo does have a petting area for kids with goats, ponies, llamas, etc)
  • I thought that rhinos were mean and that you shouldn’t get near them, but we were able to touch and feed them
  • The kids were so enthralled by the experience of feeding all of these amazing animals
  • I would absolutely recommend the Tampa Lowry Zoo to anyone and everyone

• by Jessica Ward

Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is probably the best zoo I have ever been to. I have been to the Atlanta zoo, the Honolulu Zoo…. Lowry Park outdoes them all! The zoo in Tampa is incredibly interactive. My daughter and I went to the Lowry Zoo for her school’s field trip and had such a blast! Aside from seeing all of the species of animals, you can pet, feed, and ride some of the animals. This is not your typical petting zoo experience where you can only touch domestic animals like sheep (although the zoo does have

a petting area for kids with goats, ponies, llamas, etc). We got to feed a giraffe! We bought the special giraffe crackers that are on sale right in front of the giraffe habitat. Then we climbed up to the top of a tall tree-house and the giraffe came right up to us and ate from our hands! It was an amazing experience. The zoo also has available the opportunity to feed rhinos. I thought that rhinos were mean and that you shouldn’t get near them, but we were able to touch and feed them.

• If you purchase nectar at the “Lorikeet Landing” (bird aviary), birds will land on you and eat the nectar. The kids were so enthralled by the experience of feeding all of these amazing animals.

In the kids’ area, there is a huge pay area (including huge water fountains that they can play in to cool off), petting zoo, and interactive animal areas. There is a small aviary in the kids’ area where the kids can feed baby birds. They can also ride a pony or ride a llama. And speaking of riding animals, there is an area in

the zoo designated for camel rides!

We spent the entire day at the zoo and still didn’t get to do everything it had to offer. The animal exhibits were exciting, the educational live animal shows were entertaining… the park was huge. We definitely could have gone back for a second day! We ate at the park by purchasing lunch at one of the food stands. It wasn’t cheap, but it was average/what you would expect for a park. The ticket prices for the park were not bad either. I would absolutely recommend the Tampa Lowry Zoo to anyone and everyone!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3830071214281031/k2311a0730/7.30.10