Nuremburg, Germany
Germany
  • I was very impressed by the knights equipment
  • The kids thought this was the best part of the trip in Nuremburg
  • It has almonds and a sugar coating on the cookie and is delicious
  • I highly recommend walking around this old city to get the real feel of the past

• by Leviathan

Nuremburg Germany is a walled city. When you first set your eyes on this old city, you’re met with a view of huge walls and towers enclosing the city. It’s about 950 years old and feels very medieval.

It’s a very walkable city with a river nearby.

Kaiserburg Castle is one of many castles located in Germany and is found in Nuremburg. Walk up to the old castle by following the hill. Kaiserburg Castle is a famous landmark for which German King’s occasionally slept here. Our tour guide

said Henry III even visited here once or twice. The castle dominates the skyline in Nuremburg. Grain was kept in some of the towers, and was saved for over 80 years before being used. A great view of the town is seen from the castle towers. And there are many pathways along the back of the castle, where you’ll see beautiful gardens in the summer. So pretty.

There’s also a museum on the castle’s grounds which has 3 floors of medieval items. I was very impressed by the ...

• knights equipment. The kids thought this was the best part of the trip in Nuremburg. Weapons and swords of those days were big and heavy. I found this to be very interesting. I liked it alot.

Continuing my visit in Nuremburg I came across old timber framed buildings, nothing from the 21st century. This town was settled around 1000. I saw some really neat old homes and businesses while walking around. The gingerbread bakery is not to be missed. The “Lebkuchen”, a traditional German biscuit, made for Christmas

resembles gingerbread. It has almonds and a sugar coating on the cookie and is delicious. I couldn’t get enough, they were so good. Oh, and the smell is to die for. If you don’t try the German biscuit, taste something else. I think you’ll like it.

Nuremburg is rich in history and tradition. The transportation in town is very urban and up-to-date. It’s lively and should be seen on foot. Everyone seemed friendly. I highly recommend walking around this old city to get the real feel of the past.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3830071214111031/k2311a0730/7.30.10