Mystere by Cirque Du Soleil  » Theatre  »
Mystere
  • Some of the acts were aerial, some were feats of strength… all were amazing
  • My daughter, of course, wanted to be chosen, but I don't think the cast members go beyond the lower seating level to pick participants
  • I would definitely recommend this family-friendly show to anyone visiting Vegas with kids

• by Cirque Du Soleil at Treasure Island Casino and Resort in Las Vegas
      by Jessica Ward

My husband and I took my daughter to Cirque Du Soleil’s Mystere for her birthday and had a great time! We chose to see Mystere because it seemed like it would be the most kid friendly as it is a very whimsical performance. There was no real story line to follow like “Ka” and it did not have any adult content like “Zumanity. ” The show simply entertained its audience with elaborate costumes, bright colors, theatrics and stunts, and comedy.

The clowns are very funny and the acts were extraordinary. Some of the acts were aerial, some were feats of strength… all were amazing.

Unlike some of the other Cirque shows, Mystere interacts with and involves its audience. On one occasion, a giant baby came up from the stage to pull an audience member for help with a skit.

The audience participation provides for a hilarious component all in itself because their reactions, facial expressions, etc. are ...

• not rehearsed.

They are completely caught off guard and have no idea what they are doing! My daughter, of course, wanted to be chosen, but I don’t think the cast members go beyond the lower seating level to pick participants.

The show lasted for about an hour and a half and kept our attention the whole time.

The ticket prices were average for Las Vegas and we found a discount online. The show plays twice nightly, so there were

no issues with it being sold out.

The seats could have been better. We were seated in the higher/balcony seating level off to the side.

That made it difficult, at times, to see what was going on in the audience or on the floor. There probably weren’t any “bad” seats in the house though as the stage was in the center of a circular (half-circle) theater.

I would definitely recommend this family-friendly show to anyone visiting Vegas with kids!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3230071214101031/k2311a0730/7.30.10