Pickford Theatre
Bellingham, WA
  • It's a real treat for people who want to experience a moving that doesn't center on teenagers going to be for the first time or cars blowing up
  • Overall, it's the best movie experience I've ever had

• by tfedge
      The Pickford Theatre located at 1416 Cornwall Avenue in Bellingham, Washington is my favorite movie house ever. The theatre tends to show thoughtful, intelligent films from around the world. Recently I’ve seen “The Queen,” ” Vajra Sky Over Tibet,” and “Little Miss Sunshine.

Currently “Iran in Fragments” is playing. It’s a real treat for people who want to experience a moving that doesn’t center on teenagers going to be

for the first time or cars blowing up.

The theatre is small, maybe a hundred or a hundred and fifty seats, and is usually packed. Soft drinks and popcorn are available.

Instead of just regular popcorn, the theatre offers parmesan cheese, various herbs and spices that turns ordinary popcorn into a great snack. The crowds at the theatre are mostly adults.

At my age it’s nice to see a movie ...

• without people running in and out all the time. The atmosphere is also nice.

The seats seem larger than normal cinemas and are more comfortable, your not packed in as if you’re traveling tourist class on a low budget airline. The people talk to each other before and after the movies which is nice.

It gives me a chance to meet other people with interests similar to mine. Since a

lot of people seem to attend at the same time, I go to the Saturday matinee whenever possible, you actually come to know the people.

Since the plays are popular I find I generally stand in line. This too gives me a chance to talk to people.

Overall, it’s the best movie experience I’ve ever had. If you ever get to Bellingham, Washington, give it a try.

I hope to see you there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112401121391131/k2311a0124/1.24.07