Forever 21 Voyage Leatherette Shoulder Bag  » Clothes  »
1.0
  • In my opinion, however, compared to my $15 dollar handbags it is
  • I knew that it would be something I would regret not buying and pine after once I got home and then it would be too late if I changed my mind and decided to get it because with my luck it wouldn’t be in stores any longer
  • I constantly received compliments on the bag – everyone asked me where I purchased it and raved about how amazing it looked
  • I noticed that there were more distinct lines on the bag that were not there before- as if the dye job of the bag was coming into view
  • I would highly recommend that everyone avoid buying Forever 21 handbags, or at least know what you’re investing in if you choose to do so

• by kirbystar7

I have recently rediscovered my obsession with handbags – like I needed another accessory to shop for and spend money I don’t have in addition to clothes and shoes. A few years ago, I was obsessed with designer bags. I would spend all of my savings from birthdays and holidays on handbags instead of clothes. When I finally realized that this was simply ridiculous, I stopped buying handbags and stuck with one or two durable bags that went with everything. As a broke college student, suddenly loving handbags was earth shattering, and not in a good way. I resorted to low budget bags from any kind of store.

When I was at Forever 21 a few weeks ago, I came across this gorgeous purse. It was called the Voyage Leatherette Shoulder Bag in cognac. I loved the color. It had to handle straps that were long enough to throw the bad over your shoulder but it also had a third detachable strap to throw across your body – very ideal for summer traveling in pick pocketers. When I looked at the price tag, my heart sunk.

The bag was $28. 80! Some may say that that price is not bad for a handbag. In my opinion, however, compared to my $15 dollar handbags it is. Moreover, for a bag from Forever 21, it did not seem worth it. I asked my sister what she thought and she was indifferent about it.

I reluctantly put the bag down and continued browsing the clothes. I looked up at a mannequin dressed in a taupe tunic with the same bag I had been looking at strapped across its body – it looked so good! I took it as a sign that it was a must buy, so I purchased it. I knew that it would be something I would regret not buying and pine after once I got home and then it would be too late if I changed my mind and decided to get it because with my luck it wouldn’t be in stores any longer. I concluded that I would use the bag frequently and that it matched with almost any kind of outfit. I loved the bag even more when I got home; it ...

• matched with everything that I wore it with.

It looked so chique and no would have been able to tell that I got it at Forever 21 at that price. I constantly received compliments on the bag – everyone asked me where I purchased it and raved about how amazing it looked. One of the things I loved about the bag was how spacious it was inside. I could fit so many things in there, but it did not have that bulky appearance. There was a pocket on either side of the bag, one with a zipper and one without.

It was perfect for me to easily slip my cell phone in and out while out since I frequently reach for the device. I loved the bag more and more everyday and could not stop talking about how happy I was with my purchase. It was not until about 3 weeks after my purchase that my best pointed something out to me. She had seen the bag when I first bought it and loved it, but when she looked at it again; she noticed that the color

of the bag looked slightly different. That was when I noticed it, too.

The original color of the bag had been a solid cognac made of faux leather. I noticed that there were more distinct lines on the bag that were not there before- as if the dye job of the bag was coming into view. Each day, the bag looked more and more different. It finally became almost orange. I was very irritated by this, I fell in love with the cognac bag, not and orange bag! Even worse, a few days ago, one of the handle straps came apart, the thread having broken off.

I rarely ever used the smaller straps; I frequently used the long strap. I now need to figure out how to sew this back on. This is my first handbag from Forever 21 and it will definitely be my last. It has only been a little over one month since I bought the bag and it has already fallen apart. I would highly recommend that everyone avoid buying Forever 21 handbags, or at least know what you’re investing in if you choose to do so!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5529071213680531/k2311a0729/7.29.10