Gigi Eyebrow Pencil with brush, Dark Brown  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have quite adequate eyebrows and in fact they grow very fast like weeds and I have to tweeze them almost every day but then I feel that the length of my eyebrows are a bit short so I like to use an eyebrow pencil to draw a line to extend the ends and make it look more proportionate with my face
  • It was only S$3.50 which was just a fraction of what I would have paid for any other brand which would cost me a minimum of S$9.00
  • I 100% agree that brown does soften the overall look of my face and gives a very natural look to the eyebrows
  • I am extremely satisfied with the Gigi Eyebrow Pencil and highly recommend it

• by true_value

I have quite adequate eyebrows and in fact they grow very fast like weeds and I have to tweeze them almost every day but then I feel that the length of my eyebrows are a bit short so I like to use an eyebrow pencil to draw a line to extend the ends and make it look more proportionate with my face.

I had been using a black eyebrow pencil as my eyebrows are quite black but then ever since I got more interested in make-up I had been reading up more information and gathering tips and tricks to achieving a better more natural look. Most of the articles suggest using dark brown instead of black no matter what the skin tones. I wanted to try it for myself and see if it does make any difference.

There

are different ways to use brown to fill in or extend or to shape ones eyebrows the techniques includes using matt eyeshadow and a angled brush or using cream or gel liners but to me all that sounded complex and so I wanted to stick with eyebrow pencil.

But then, since I was just experimenting I didn’t want to invest too much in an expensive pencil and decided to look for something that would be inexpensive but of good quality. While looking around in the stores I came across the Gigi Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown. The pencil came with a cap and built in grooming brush. The size was medium with the thickness of a regular writing pencil.

The Pencil looked quite sleek and chic with its slim body, dark brown matching finish and gold prints.

• I tried the tester and immediately liked the texture of the tip. It was firm and stiff but at the same time soft enough to use and the color was thick and not overly dark. I felt this would be perfect to fill in and extend my brows.

The price of the pencil was very affordable. It was only S$3.50 which was just a fraction of what I would have paid for any other brand which would cost me a minimum of S$9.00.

Ever since I have started using the pencil I have been loving it. The tip stays firm but does not scratch and I don’t have to struggle with it to see the color. I think it is perfect. Also the wood used is of good quality and does not chip or break

while sharpening. Once sharpened it lasts a long while.

I 100% agree that brown does soften the overall look of my face and gives a very natural look to the eyebrows.

The color is very smudge proof and is extremely long lasting. It is waterproof and does not smear at all but it will come off if I were to wipe my face with a tissue because my face is very oily and that lifts the color and only in such a case I would have to re-apply. It is nice that the size of the pencil is compact and fits snugly in my make-up pouch.

Removing the color is easy and washes off with my normal facial cleanser and does not require make-up remover at all.

I am extremely satisfied with the Gigi Eyebrow Pencil and highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129071213550531/k2311a0729/7.29.10