Prestige Deluxe Stainless Steel Deep Pressure Pan, 3 Liters  » Housewares  »
  • I decided to go for the Stainless Steel Pressure Pan from Prestige because it is claimed to cook faster and is also easier to clean than the one with aluminum body
  • The cost is definitely higher than the regular alumunum
  • The features that I like about the Prestige Stainless Steel Pan are of course starting with the look
  • So far I have never encountered any problem with the cooker pan
  • I highly recommend it to all the cooking enthusiasts

• by true_value

I have been using the Prestige Deluxe Stainless Steel Deep Pressure Pan of 3 liters capacity for over a year now and I am extremely satisfied with it. At first I was not sure about buying the Prestige cooker because my mother always uses Hawkins pressure cookers and we grew up having food cooked with Hawkins. Hawkins is no doubt the safest when it comes to pressure cookers but Prestige too has been around for quite a long time and quite popular. I especially liked the design.

I decided to go for the Stainless Steel Pressure Pan from Prestige because it is claimed to cook faster and is also easier to clean than the one with aluminum body. The cost is definitely higher than the regular alumunum. The 3 liters Prestige Stainless Steel Cooker Pan was priced at S$75.00 while the Aluminum one was

priced at only S$40.00.

The features that I like about the Prestige Stainless Steel Pan are of course starting with the look. The cooker pan is made of Mirror Polished 18/10 Stainless Steel for a long lasting sparking look. I have used it every day for over a year and it still looks gleaming like new.

The cooker pan is easy to open and close and I do not have to struggle with it. The handles are thick and well molded so it is easy to grip and handle. The handles are placed at the appropriate places to enable easy manipulation while stirring, opening and closing, putting over stove and taking it off.

Another awesome feature is the unique pressure indicator that is located on the cover. Unlike conventional cookers where one would have to lift the pressure weight to check if the pressure is ...

• fully released. Here the indicator rises when there is pressure inside the cooker and falls when the pressure is fully released. This way the food is uniformly cooked without unnecessary release of pressure which can disturb the cooking that continues as long as the pressure is built up inside.

The Sandwich Bottom (three layers of different metals) helps quicken the cooking process and distributes heat evenly when used on different types of stoves like induction or gas.

Even though it is called a Pan I used it as I would any regular Pressure cooker. I like to use it for cooking chicken curries, and making one pot dishes like Biryani, pressure cooked Fried Rice, Lentil Rice etc., and it cooks even the most hard to cook pulses in just minutes.

The cooker is absolutely safe and comes with good safety features. So far I have never

encountered any problem with the cooker pan. The deep body makes it easy for me to cook rice as well as curries. The size is perfect for cooking for two to three people.

Because of its good looks it looks appropriate to set on the dining table which saves the time of transferring into other serving dishes. It is extremely easy to clean and does not need scrubbing or scouring. Just a bit of liquid dish wash and a gentle mesh is enough.

The only complaint I have with the pressure pan is the screws holding the handles. They are always loose and no matter how many times I tighten them they always come loose and get shaky.

Overall I love my Prestige Deluxe Stainless Steel Pressure Pan and enjoy cooking with it for my family. I highly recommend it to all the cooking enthusiasts.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5329071213530531/k2311a0729/7.29.10