Almay intense i - color for Hazel Eyes
  • And of course the brush it included was typically cheap so I always recommend using a more professional brush no matter what type of makeup you’re applying to assure you have just the right amount of product, and for more simple and precise application
  • I like the idea of a smoky eye, and these colors are a good start, but I found myself using some ‘Sephora ‘shades I had that almost nearly matched

• by Andrea

I purchased this eye shadow not long after I first viewed the commercial, and then saw an ad in a magazine. I rarely stray from my trusty, cover girl eyes shadows; the colors are always amazing, long lasting, and reasonably priced, but I figured I’d give this a try and a little splurge considering Cover Girl shadows usually range from $2 to $6 and the colors are positively brilliant! Anyway, it came in a pallet with three shades.

A light one for

highlighting the brow bone (an instant eye brow lift), a medium shade, and a darker one (for the crease and outer corner of the eye).

And of course the brush it included was typically cheap so I always recommend using a more professional brush no matter what type of makeup you’re applying to assure you have just the right amount of product, and for more simple and precise application.

However, after using it a few times, I’ve come to find that the ...

• colors aren’t really all that great.

Or at least for me anyway.

It’s not very shimmery, the colors are very basic.

I’d even say somewhat boring to me.

I’d prefer more shimmer, and just more exciting colors.

I like the idea of a smoky eye, and these colors are a good start, but I found myself using some ‘Sephora ‘shades I had that almost nearly matched; only they were of better quality, lasted longer, and just looked so much more dramatic.

I

even used a black to make the darkest color appear more dark and dramatic because the one they had provided was so lame and didn’t blend right with the other colors.

They seem real amateur if you ask me.

And a little too pricey for my budget.

The colors made the color or my stand out much more when I added my other ‘Sephora’ shades… I like that it gives you a base, so you know where you’ll be applying the extra shades.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129071212690331/k2311a0729/7.29.10