Hi-Chicago Hostel  » Travel  »
24 East Congress Parkway Chicago, IL 60605
  • I stayed at room with six beds, which was not a bad experience as I was told from a guy, who stayed at the room with ten beds that it was not that pleasant
  • One thing, which I found quite disturbing was that that the beds made sounds when one turned or tossed in the bed, imagine a room with six such beds

• by RealSmart

It was my first time in Chicago and a friend of mine had suggested looking for Hi-Hostel in Chicago, which was not hard to get from the airport. The very first thing which I liked about the hostel was its location as it is within easy reach of some of the main attractions of Chicago city like Buckingham Fountain, the Art Institute and the Field Museum. Secondly, it is close to Lake Michigan and some really excellent ice-cream shops.

The staff at the hi-Hostel is nice and too friendly as no

one asked about my claim ticket or ID when I came in. the hostel itself is really big and overall environment is nice but kind of old, which needs a little renovation.

The rooms there are of two types, one with six beds with an attached bathroom that was quite big and the other with ten with a shared bath. I stayed at room with six beds, which was not a bad experience as I was told from a guy, who stayed at the room with ten beds that it ...

• was not that pleasant. Beds were clean and the rooms were plain but best suited to sleep.

One thing, which I found quite disturbing was that that the beds made sounds when one turned or tossed in the bed, imagine a room with six such beds. Otherwise the nights were comfortable as the dorms were not that noisy even though they were quite big. One good thing is that no one bothered the stuff in the room, when I was not around.

Overall the place was clean, one thing, which I

liked most, was the facility of Wi-Fi; otherwise I would have had to search out an internet café. The mornings at Hi-Hostel are great as they serve a decent breakfast without any charge. I usually ate lunch and dinner outside, although after dark the neighborhood is quite deserted.

I had a really good experience, while I was there at Hi-Hostel and will again stay there without a second thought, next time when I am in Chicago, as it not only have a nice environment but most importantly their prices are hard to beat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3829071212110231/k2311a0729/7.29.10