Lysi encapsulated cod liver oil (a diet supplement)  » Medicine  »
  • These admittedly smell as well, and I definitely wouldn’t want to accidentally pop one of them
  • I bought the capsules in a large container, filled with 400 capsules

• by Rachel Evans

Fish liver oil is something I was terrified of in my childhood. Like a character in a children’s book, I was forced by my parents and grandparents to ingest spoonfuls of the disgusting, smelly liquid, which made me feel like vomiting and, frankly, gave me bad breath. Despite ingesting an entire large breakfast afterwards and brushing my teeth, I could still feel the aftertaste for a long time. No amount of arguments could convince me that this torture was for my own good rather than in order to spite me.

Therefore, it might be quite surprising how I now willingly consume Lysi cod liver oil every morning. The most important aspect here is that fish oil does not need to be

consumed as a, well, oil. It can very well be taken in the form of small, easily swallowed capsules. These admittedly smell as well, and I definitely wouldn’t want to accidentally pop one of them: it happened to me once, and the taste was just as awful as I remembered it. Thankfully, the medicine doesn’t need to be stomach-turning to be effective. As a rich source of vitamins A and D, as well as omega-3 acids, fish liver oil is a great and effective healthy diet supplement.

I am definitely happy with the results of my continued intake of Lysi encapsulated cod fish liver. After four months of using it, I can tell that my skin looks healthier, as do my ...

• nails. Moreover, I’ve found that I tan more easily, something I hardly expected to occur. I bought the capsules in a large container, filled with 400 capsules. This economy size definitely has its price-related advantages; however, it also means that the product is open for a long time before it is used up, and with time, the capsules become softer, easier to burst and smell worse. Therefore, a pack this large (it can last even up to 6 and a half months, with the daily dose of 2 capsules) is probably better-recommended for families than for a single person.

Nevertheless, I must confess that I suspect the existence of slight side effects: even though the daily dose is quite small, I

feel as though it has affected my skin not only positively but also negatively; namely, my scalp appears to be ever so slightly more prone to oil excretion, and I need to wash my hair more thoroughly and often than prior to the intake. Still, it has definitely improved in appearance during my period of taking this food supplement, so a bit of oiliness is a small price to pay.

I chose Lysi encapsulated fish liver because the producer is a trusted brand name, and the price tag at the time was very competitive, likely due to the economy size. I have been very happy with its effects; however, I cannot be sure whether a different oil liver wouldn’t have been equally successful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2629071212080231/k2311a0729/7.29.10