Krups Panini Grill Type 6330  » Housewares  »
  • This morning, I found what I was looking for – a grill big enough to make at least 6 or more sandwiches
  • Krups is big and definitely a machine which is of good quality
  • The thing I love most about this grill is that I can cut sandwiches of any size
  • The best part is, I do not have to struggle to close the machine
  • Moreover, I know that my € 84 is well spent as I envisage this machine to last a long time because it is sturdy and solidly built

• by bethbarl

Before leaving Botswana, I sold a lot of our stuff to make the house removal lighter. One of those things which was gone was the sandwich maker. Although I still have one left here at home, I need an extra machine to use in another house where we will eventually spend the most time (that will be Belgium).

This morning, I found what I was looking for – a grill big enough to make at least 6 or more sandwiches. With my remaining sandwich maker, I found it too small to serve an entire household. Krups is big and definitely a machine which is of good quality.

This sandwich grill is heavy – must weigh about 5 kilos or more. Its metallic silver finish makes it quite an attractive piece

of appliance to put in the kitchen. Once switched on, there are two lights which will be activated (the red one on the left and a green button on the right). There is a thermostat control with settings from 1-10. To make a sandwich, I usually put it on setting 5. The green light disappears for awhile indicating that it is heating. As soon as the appropriate temperature is reached, the green light comes on again.

The thing I love most about this grill is that I can cut sandwiches of any size. I can even put half of the baguette (French bread) in this grill. Formerly, I had to make sure that the sizes of the sandwiches I make are small and not so thick so that ...

• they could fit in the sandwich maker. With this roomy appliance, this concern is eliminated. The best part is, I do not have to struggle to close the machine. So, even if I have tons of fillings in my paninis or sandwiches, all I have to do is pull down the cover. The metal press is heavy enough to keep the bread and fillings in place and as they cook, the sandwiches are flattened just nicely.

This machine has also other purposes apart from making sandwiches. It can be used to cook meat (preferably fillet to avoid scratching the surface), salmon and even vegetables. At the moment, I am using it for quick snacks for the entire family but I would soon venture into trying other recipes using

this machine (the manual also comes with some easy recipes and suggested cooking times).

In addition to the excellent performance of this grill, it is easy to clean the griddle by just using soapy water. For as long as no one in my family starts using sharp objects to pry loose melted food in the grill then I foresee a long life span for its Teflon coating.

By and large, this is a machine which I highly recommend because it grills sandwiches and other types of food so well with very little effort. It is also easy to operate and clean. Moreover, I know that my € 84 is well spent as I envisage this machine to last a long time because it is sturdy and solidly built.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328071211701231/k2311a0728/7.28.10