Hot Water Cornbread (recipe)  » Recipes  »
  • My grandmother would usually be the one to always make the hot water cornbread until I decided to learn how to make it one day
  • I love this recipe and when you make it yourself, you would truly enjoy it too
  • Now that I know how to make this hot water cornbread, I often volunteer to make it at family functions
  • So I definitely recommend this recipe to others

• by Micole

My grandmother would usually be the one to always make the hot water cornbread until I decided to learn how to make it one day. It is very good and it is just a little different from the regular cornbread. This one is fried while the regular one is baked. It is quite easy to make and it doesn’t take long at all. This is one of my favorite recipes to make

and I really enjoy it. Here is the recipe for hot water cornbread:

1 cup cornmeal 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon white sugar 1 tablespoon shortening 3/4 cup boiling water

What you do first is get a mixing bowl and combine cornmeal, salt, and the sugar. Then add boiling water and butter. Stir the butter until it melts. Next pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large skillet and heat oven ...

• to 375 degrees F. Shape the cornmeal mixture into flattened balls and then fry each in hot oil, turning once, until crisp and golden brown or for about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels to leave out the grease. Once it cools a little then enjoy. This process takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. I love this recipe and when you make it yourself, you would truly enjoy it too.
        This makes a great side dish for dinner and the kids seem to enjoy them as well.

Now that I know how to make this hot water cornbread, I often volunteer to make it at family functions. I have received numerous compliments on this recipe and am very proud of it. Now I have other people that I have told this about that is making in their homes as well. So I definitely recommend this recipe to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4928071211621231/k2311a0728/7.28.10