Penang Ferry Ride  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • The reason I wanted to take the ferry ride was very simple, to experience the olden days of travelling to Penang
  • I would strongly recommend one of the activity a tourist must do in Penang is to take a ride of the ferry from the island to the main land or vice-versa, and the the ferry only charged for 1 way

• by MBFX220
      I remember the first time I came to the island of Penang, I took the ferry ride from the main land instead of the bridge. The reason I wanted to take the ferry ride was very simple, to experience the olden days of travelling to Penang.

The ferry services had

been around for more than 30 years, and it was preserved.

Getting to the ferry terminal was very easy, as it only take a very short walk fromm the bus terminal near by.

And the fee was very cheap.

I just fell in love the retro feeling when I got ...

• on to the ferry, the wooden chairs was still well preserved.

There was no luxurious settings on the ferry, but the nostalgic feeling was all worth it.

On the deck, I could lean against the open windows and felt the warm breeze of the sea.

The ferry ride was short

and it took about 15 minutes to reach the Penang Island.

I would strongly recommend one of the activity a tourist must do in Penang is to take a ride of the ferry from the island to the main land or vice-versa, and the the ferry only charged for 1 way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42301121160931/k2311a0123/1.23.07