The Bakeshop, Edsa Shangri-La Hotel  » Food  »
Ground Floor, Edsa Shangri-la Hotel, 1 Garden Way Ortigas Centre Mandaluyong City 1650, Philippines
  • I love krispy kreme and the other donuts out there but hands down, this is the best donut I have ever eaten
  • The best ones are the ones with dark chocolate on top with white chocolate swirls
  • However, it is the donuts which are really special and is something you should definitely try

• by TheCity

The Bakeshop, true to its name, is the bakeshop of Edsa-Shangri-La Hotel. Once you enter the main entrance of the hotel, it is easy to spot it at your left. The bakeshop sells a lot of pastries, sandwiches, bread, and chocolates. On special occasions, it creates chocolates with designs that fit the occasion.

My boyfriend used to bring me pralines that he buys there because he works near the area. The pralines are good, but not really

remarkable.

He also brings me pastries such as apple puffs, cinnamon rolls, etc. but my very favorite thing are the donuts that he gets there. I love krispy kreme and the other donuts out there but hands down, this is the best donut I have ever eaten. The best ones are the ones with dark chocolate on top with white chocolate swirls. The donut is perfect in every way. The bread is soft, chewy and ...

• not oily. It is a joy to bite and chew. The chocolate is not too sweet and does not have the sticky/overly sweet glaze that donuts such as Krispy Kreme does. It is just dark chocolate which tastes fabulous with the donut. The white chocolate swirl just adds a fun texture to the donut. Another good way to eat it would be to heat it first for a few seconds. The first time I
        bit it, I fell in love with it and my boyfriend and mom feels the same way. At P65 a piece, it is so worth it. However, you have to eat it within two days after purchase or else it won’t taste the same anymore.

The other pastries are good, since they must use the same dough that is chewy and nice to bite. However, it is the donuts which are really special and is something you should definitely try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728071211201131/k2311a0728/7.28.10