Walgreens Finger Splint Medium  » Health  »
  • I preferred to do it from the hospital, but the nurse who happened to be my neighbor told me to buy a common one from the medical store, as it would turn out to be cheaper (about one-tenth of the cost of doing it in the hospital)

• by Tripple

Last summer, while playing with his friends, my son accidentally landed on his hand, and hurt his index finger. Because of his wailing pains I rushed him to the hospital, expecting a fracture. The finger turned blue-black and had a frightening look. After his x-rays were done, it turned to be a sprain. His ligaments were stretched badly (1st degree) resulting from the joint being bent in the opposite direction than the usual, i.e. backwards.

The nurses there helped him put on some ice, and asked me to splint the finger. I preferred to do it from the hospital,

but the nurse who happened to be my neighbor told me to buy a common one from the medical store, as it would turn out to be cheaper (about one-tenth of the cost of doing it in the hospital). She suggested for Walgreens Splint. We looked for it in the medical store next door, and it was readily available. We found the medium size would fit perfectly, to be specific; it was Walgreens Finger Splint Medium.

The Splint is designed to fit on the sprained finger, and immobilizes the finger. This is necessary since it reduces the amount of stress ...

• that is put on the finger, which is necessary to speed the healing process. The Walgreens Finger Splint was easy to put on, and fitted perfectly. It supported the finger, and prevented the finger from bending. Hence when my son would try to grip something, or move his other fingers, his sprained finger remained fixed, and this protected him from further pain. The design is a little curved, and kept the finger bended at all times, which is quite similar to the natural posture of the finger. Another good thing about Walgreens Baseball Splint is that it is latex
        free, and the soft foam allows the air to circulate, so his fingers would not sweat. Also the foam is water proof; it does not get soaked in water preventing any infection to build up.

The finger healed out so well within 2 weeks, that next time when I injured my finger with the window, I did not even feel like going to the doctor. I used the splint, and since its one size fits all, I fitted me perfectly. Only thing is that I could not put it on myself, and had to take my husband’s help to put it on.

Walgreens Finger Splint Medium

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428071211151131/k2311a0728/7.28.10