LG Rumor 2 cellphone  » Phones  »
  • I've had this phone about 6 months now, and I decided it is time to review it, considering many phones decide to have major problems by the time the six month mark rolls around
  • TEXTING Texting is incredibly easy with this phone, and I prefer it to all other texting phones I have had
  • While the original Rumor had a 3-line keyboard, the Rumor 2 has a 4-line keyboard, a dedicated punctuation key, a dedicated number line, as well as an interesting smiley button
  • The texting environment is reduced drastically in a graphic sense, but there is NO software or keyboard lag now (which was a HUGE problem with the original Rumor and Scoop)
  • I was happy to see that even after months of wear and tear (and several drops to concrete) my Rumor 2 experiences none of these problems

• by Jerrduford

The LG Rumor has always been a very popular phone, and available under a few different model names (by various companies) it has become one of the most widely purchased texting/media phones available. The Rumor 2 is now the latest and best version of this model of phone, and is now available at Sprint. I am not sure if the Rumor 2 is available by other companies yet, however, there are many other variations of this phone that are nearly identical that are available from many other companies other than Sprint.

I’ve had this phone about 6 months now, and I decided it is time to review it, considering many phones decide to have major problems by the time the six month mark rolls around.

FEATURES The software that is pre-loaded into the phone comes complete with just about everything you could ever need from a phone. Calculator, calendar, camera, alarms, ring tones, screen savers, and many more. The only complaint I have concerning this

phone’s features is the fact that despite it having a very high quality camera, it does not actually record videos, like most phones (including the original Rumor) did. Otherwise, the phone is pretty feature-packed for a great value.

STORAGE There is a fair amount of storage by default on the phone. You can store up to 300 contacts and the amount of texts seems almost limitless-it is arranged in order of which contacts you talk to over the course of how many days.

TEXTING Texting is incredibly easy with this phone, and I prefer it to all other texting phones I have had. While the original Rumor had a 3-line keyboard, the Rumor 2 has a 4-line keyboard, a dedicated punctuation key, a dedicated number line, as well as an interesting smiley button. Once you’re used to the changes between the original Rumor and the Rumor 2, the functionallity of the Rumor 2 becomes much greater. I can text at the speed of light now.

Another great ...

• thing about the way the texting works on this phone is the different way in which the texts are stored and displayed. The rumor set the chats up in an environment that resembled an instant message, which was great, but now that I’m used to the Rumor 2, I prefer the new style. Rather than setting up each conversation by messages per person, the Rumor 2 does it reverse order, and displays all of the people, upon which clicking will open the conversation. The texting environment is reduced drastically in a graphic sense, but there is NO software or keyboard lag now (which was a HUGE problem with the original Rumor and Scoop).

CALL QUALITY As far as calling goes, the qualuity doesn’t get much better from a handset. I have no problems hearing people, and they say the same. The phone is plenty loud, without sounding full of awkward vibrations (the kind you get from an incredibly cheap phone), and does not break out.

Of course with Sprint, I have very few to zero dropped calls made with this phone.

APPEARANCE I believe the Rumor 2 is one of the more attractive Sprint phones available currently, however I am not that impressed versus the original Rumor. I figured there would be more major style/layout changes, although I guess the original Rumor was so successful, why change the design?

DURABILITY/FUNCTIONALITY With many of my phones, one drop to the floor causes them problems forever. Also, several of my texting phones with a built in keyboard tend to turn off upon closing the keyboard (especially if done with any amount of force) and this was terribly annoying. I was happy to see that even after months of wear and tear (and several drops to concrete) my Rumor 2 experiences none of these problems. Everything still works as if I have just purchased the phone.

OVERALL Overall I’m quite satisfied with this phone. The only thing it lacks is a functional video camera, however I cannot find anything else but good to say about it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3728071210941131/k2311a0728/7.28.10