Neozep Forte Tablets  » Medicine  »
  • I also noticed that I get very drowsy if I am not asleep, so for those who wish to drive or do something that requires concentration this is not advisable to take
  • I have used this a lot of times already so I know that when my colds get a little better and my nose is not that stuffed, I stop taking this medication so that the reversal does not occur so much

• by dng

I have really, really bad allergic rhinitis, so I see to it that when I travel I always carry with me a couple of tablets of Neozep Forte. Neozep Forte is used as an over the counter product for allergic rhinitis, symptoms of common cold and the flu. For only Php 5 per tablet, this is very cheap and affordable. One tablet contains Phenylephrine HCl 25 mg, chlorphenamine maleate 2 mg, paracetamol 500 mg.

Some side effects that I read about were: GI upsets, drowsiness, dizziness; dry mouth, difficulty in micturition, sweating, reduced appetite. I will go through them one by one.

Regarding the GI upsets, no I did not have any. Drowsiness, yes. Dry mouth, yes. Difficulty in micturition or peeing? No. Sweating? No. Reduced appetite? Yes. For some reason I did not crave food. I felt hunger pangs but

did not even want to eat anything. (A good thing for me, did not have to go on a diet there:)

Neozep can be bought in any local drugstore in the Philippines. In fact, this is one of the most popular brands of medicine to combat cold and rhinitis. Whenever I have the sniffles, I always carry it with me so I can just swallow one tablet and in 30 minutes or so, my symptoms of colds and runny nose will be gone.

This is a decongestant, which means it keeps the runny nose at bay and dries out the mucous membranes in the nose. It does do that for a couple of hours, and after 4 to 6 hours, the symptoms come back. It is like it reverses everything that it did when I take it the first time.

I take ...

• one tablet especially before going to bed because I want to be able to sleep soundly. This medicine makes me feel very sleepy after some time of taking it. I also noticed that I get very drowsy if I am not asleep, so for those who wish to drive or do something that requires concentration this is not advisable to take. If I wanted to sleep well though, I take this medication because sleeping with it is very good. When I go to work though, I take a different type of medication because otherwise I will not be able to work properly because my eyes would look really droopy and tired. Also, after it has kept my nose from getting too runny, this can also dry me out. I feel that I have to take water because my throat and
        mouth feels dry. After 4 hours, my dry nose condition reverses, and my colds get so terrible that I have to take the medication again. This makes me take the medication continuously. I have used this a lot of times already so I know that when my colds get a little better and my nose is not that stuffed, I stop taking this medication so that the reversal does not occur so much.

This is a good medication to take, but just be aware of the side effects that I have mentioned. Always consult a doctor too if the symptoms persist for about a week or two without improvement. There are also pre-existing conditions that will not allow people to take this, namely Hypertension and Hyperthyroidism. Even if this is an OTC drug, always keep in mind to ask your doctor about taking medications.

Neozep Forte Tablets

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2628071210931131/k2311a0728/7.28.10