Blue Man Group Las Vegas Show at the Venetian  » Entertainment  »
The Venetian Hotel and Casino 3355 Las Vegas Blvd. South Las Vegas, NV 89109
  • There was some humor to the skits - though I don't think the kids always understood it
  • We didn’t get anything on us, and believe it or not, the kids were really disappointed about that
  • We paid extra for the seats just for the experience of getting splattered

• by Jessica Ward

My husband and I took our children to Blue Man Group in Las Vegas for my son’s birthday. I’d emailed the show directly from their website to see if there was anything special they (the show) could do for his birthday. I was told by the production group that if I provided my son’s name and the date and time of the show we were attending, they would put his name of the LED screen that serves as the show’s pre-entertainment. While people were taking their seats and getting settled in, the screen invited the audience to interact and partipate

in various things - including singing “Happy Birthday” to the names that appeared. My son was thrilled!

The show was certainly different than others we had taken the kids to in Vegas. It didn’t showcase elaborate costumes or theatrics… it was simply three men in blue make-up. But even without the bells and whistles, it was incredibly entertaining. The music was great and so were the skits. There was some humor to the skits - though I don’t think the kids always understood it. Everything they used and/or made in the show could be purchased afterward.

We ...

• purchased the seats in the front row (poncho seats) so that we could get messy. I had read several reviews about the show before buying the tickets and all of the reviews warned about how messy the poncho seats could be as the Blue Men may splash paint while they are drumming or even spit marshmellows into the audience. We didn’t get anything on us, and believe it or not, the kids were really disappointed about that. We paid extra for the seats just for the experience of getting splattered!

After the show, the Blue Men and some of

the band members, stood outside and took pictures with audience members. We had to wait a bit for a chance with the Blue Men, but I’m glad we got to take pictures since the show does not allow photography. The price was pretty average for Las Vegas, but probably higher than what you would pay in any other city. The Blue Man group website has a lot of discounts though. We took advantage of a discount for locals, but they have military discounts, group discounts, discounts for children, etc. Also, sometimes the casinos offer discounts on tickets for the shows.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5928071210891131/k2311a0728/7.28.10