Boots Ingredients Honey & Jojoba Intensive Hair Mask
  • The smell to me is definitely a low point, the sweetness almost smells stale
  • The problem though is it takes a long time to wash out and rinse my hair clean of the product
  • The product should be advertised as a quick hair mask to smoothen down hair for normal hair types, I have dry hair and I thought this may help with the dryness of my hair by restoring back moisture since the mask is made up of jojoba oil and honey which are two ingredients that have high moisture levels and many benefits, however this mask is certainly not the mask to be doing it

• by Manal

I purchased this for £1.99 from my local boots, a very cheap price for an intensive hair mask. I wasn’t really expecting much from this hair mask and when I used it I knew why.

The texture of the product is quite slimy, however having said that it does distribute nicely along the hair because it is so easily distributed and the texture of the product is light and almost like a lotion texture. I scooped some of the product out of the tub rubbed it in my hands and left on for five minutes. When I wash the product off, my hair is conditioned however it is not ‘intensively moisturised.’ Since I was not expected much from this

product I was not disappointed.

The product does not smell of anything, nor jojoba oil nor honey just a basic sweet smell. The smell to me is definitely a low point, the sweetness almost smells stale! Also the look of the product is not pleasant, it looks as if the mixture has not mixed properly because I can see different textures, some liquid and some more of a solid liquid, because of this I mix the product before applying it on my hair as to coat my hair evenly with the product and not be just applying liquid.

The product does last am extremely long time, I have used it for around 6 or 7 times on my hair ...

• which is thick and down to my collar bone. So for value for money this definitely is 10 out of 10. However just because it lasts long it definitely does not mean I will purchase again, it is just a conditioner for me that conditions the hair and not a hair mask to repair and improve the appearance of your hair.

The product does however wash out nicely as my hair does not feel weighed down or oily. The problem though is it takes a long time to wash out and rinse my hair clean of the product. I usually wash with warm water and then blast cool water to get rid of any soapy residue on my hair. My

hair does feel smoother than it would with a regular conditioner though, but the product advertises intensive mask which this certainly is not. The product should be advertised as a quick hair mask to smoothen down hair for normal hair types, I have dry hair and I thought this may help with the dryness of my hair by restoring back moisture since the mask is made up of jojoba oil and honey which are two ingredients that have high moisture levels and many benefits, however this mask is certainly not the mask to be doing it. While it does have some good points, I would rather spend the £1.99 towards another more expensive product that will work for my hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128071210841131/k2311a0728/7.28.10