Nancy Drew Message in a Haunted Mansion
  • And like the other Nancy Drew games I’ve played, I decided to play the level Junior Detective
  • What I like about this game is that it is definitely better that Secrets Can Kill
  • However, I enjoyed playing this game and looking for the clues was really fun

• by rycemix

The second Nancy Drew game I have played is Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion. And like the other Nancy Drew games I’ve played, I decided to play the level Junior Detective. The game starts out like this: Nancy Drew is invited to help in the restoration and renovation of a Victorian house which was bought by Rose, who was Hannah Gruen’s friend. So Nancy Drew sets off to San Francisco to help. The Victorian house was supposed to become a bed and

breakfast inn after it’s renovation but it appears that it won’t open in time because a lot of bad things or accidents have been happening. And it is said that the ghost haunting the mansion was the one to blame for all the ruckus that’s been happening in the mansion.

The characters you would be interacting with are Rose and Abby (the owners of the mansion), Charlie (the carpenter), and Louis (the antiques collector). Throughout the gameplay, you would be able to find not just ...

• clues, but also hidden passageways and rooms.

What I like about this game is that it is definitely better that Secrets Can Kill. The 3D background looks really realistic and great and there’s a significant change in the characters. Compared to the characters in Secrets Can Kill, the characters in this game are in 3D so they look more realistic than before. I did notice that Nancy Drew’s voice in this game sound too bland. However, I enjoyed playing this game and looking for

the clues was really fun. I guess the only part I didn’t like about it is that the mansion is kinda big and I quickly got lost on which characters are in what room. My boyfriend and I were able to finish the game around four hours.

Just like the other Nancy Drew game I played, the music and sound effects are really great. They blend so well with the game play. I should also say that this game is better than Secrets Can Kill.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2828071210701031/k2311a0728/7.28.10