Nancy Drew Secrets Can Kill
  • Although the Nancy Drew games seem like they were made for young girls (around 10 and up), I believe it still has this unique game play that are alluring for almost everyone
  • I would definitely recommend this game for anyone who loves Nancy drew and loves solving mysteries

• by rycemix

I love Nancy Drew. I’ve been reading her books since I was young and I just love reading about her adventures and how she solves all the mysteries she encounters. But I never really knew there was a Nancy Drew game till I stumbled upon it on the net. A couple of months ago, I was searching the net for games which I can install and fully play on my Minix Unote netbook. Since the summer I have been bored to death without anything to do so I was searching the net for some games that are compatible with netbooks. I saw a site where it listed games that applicable to netbooks. And one of the

games listed there is the Nancy Drew games series. I was truly surprised and at the same time excited because I had a feeling that the game would work well on my netbook and that I would have a good time playing it.

This is the first Nancy Drew game I played: Secrets can Kill. The story starts like this: Eloise, Nancy Drew’s Aunt, works as school librarian for Paseo Del Mar High and news got to the young sleuth that a student named Jake Rogers was killed in the school premises. And so the detective sets off to solve the mystery of the death of Jake Rogers. There are four locations that you can scout in ...

• the game: Aunt Eloise’s house, Paseo Del Mar High, Maxine’s Diner, and the Vandelay Pharmaceuticals. The main people you’ll be encountering with in this game would be Hal Tanaka, Connie Watson, and Hulk Sanchez.

Although the Nancy Drew games seem like they were made for young girls (around 10 and up), I believe it still has this unique game play that are alluring for almost everyone. And it definitely got me interested. Playing this game was fun. In this game, be warned that there are a lot of clues. And I mean a lot. Either you would be too overwhelmed or you’d get tired of seeing too much clues. The game is easy enough since you just

have to click on things. It’s easy to spot a clue because the cursor (which is a magnifying glass) lights up and has a red border whenever you point it at a clue. The interface is easy enough o understand. The graphics could do better though. Although the backgrounds of the locations look really real, the characters could have been so much better. They just seem to flat for the backgrounds. You would also be hearing Nancy talking whenever you find significant clues. The music really adds a feel of mystery and suspense so you would really enjoy playing the game. I would definitely recommend this game for anyone who loves Nancy drew and loves solving mysteries.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2828071210691031/k2311a0728/7.28.10