Akoma Skin Care 100% Pure Unrefined Fairtrade Shea Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought the pillow pack version which came packaged in a white plastic
  • If you are sensitive to smells you may not like the scent of Shea butter, but this Shea butter doesn’t stink at all which I found when using another Shea butter company
  • It does have to be used for a while to see the difference, I recommend using it for a month and then seeing the results, it really has helped me with any skin problems
  • It is also very light and you do not feel as if you have put on heavy lotion or wax onto the hair which I love

• by Manal

I bought the pillow pack version which came packaged in a white plastic. As soon as I opened it, I could feel the scent of the Shea butter, having purchased Shea butter once before and did my research, and I could tell that this smell was the smell of pure unrefined Shea butter that was fresh.

The scent is very smoky and while it is slightly nutty the smokiness over powers any nuttiness from the karite tree which is where the Shea butter is derived from. The smell does last a bit, if you are putting clothes on top one may not smell the Shea butter, however the smell is quite potent. If you are sensitive to smells you

may not like the scent of Shea butter, but this Shea butter doesn’t stink at all which I found when using another Shea butter company.

The colour is ivory like an elephant tusk; Shea butter shouldn’t be yellow or white or have a slightly green or gray tint. This Shea butter was excellent.

The texture of the Shea butter was great is was hard however that is to be expected however it was easy to remove and melts easily in ones hand. The texture is also fluffy which made it easy to remove from the rest of the batch.

I used the Shea butter to create a Shea butter recipe and it turned out excellent, since I have purchased Shea butter before ...

• I could see the difference. This because very light and fluffy and easily applicable. I then put it in the fridge to solidify and when I apply it to the skin it still melts and is great.

This Shea butter does work wonders for the skin, it did help improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks not to mention its moisturising properties. It does have to be used for a while to see the difference, I recommend using it for a month and then seeing the results, it really has helped me with any skin problems. It also is great for a day cream, when I have ran out of cream I use this and it doesn’t make my face

look greasy just hydrated. Also when you have applied it to the skin you do see and feel that your skin is hydrated hours later since the Shea butter really does penetrate into the skin.

The Shea butter is also good for the hair, I use it sometimes on my hair as a moisturiser and it looks softer and smoother. I only use it on dry hair because it can make wet hair feel sticky. It is also very light and you do not feel as if you have put on heavy lotion or wax onto the hair which I love.

The product is also fairtrade which I love and at an affordable price which most other fairtrade items on the market are not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127071210520531/k2311a0727/7.27.10