OneManga.com Web Site  » Web sites  »
  • At first I did not mind, but then the convenience and the cost started getting in my way
  • Some thing that I found more excruciating is that I had to wait for the manga chapters to come in bulk as volumes
  • From there, I learned that people on the internet, fans of manga, were translating and scanning manga chapters straight from Japan and posting them on the internet for other fans, for free
  • Another aspect I enjoy about Onemanga is that I have different options of flipping through the pages
  • I know that there are other web sites where one can read manga online, but onemanga by far has been the best web site for online manga reading

• by kirbystar7

I used to buy manga books at book stores for extravagant prices. For some thing that I could read in an hour, I would spend at least ten dollars. At first I did not mind, but then the convenience and the cost started getting in my way. Some times the book store would have my book. Other times, it would not, causing me to wait for the next stoking.

Some thing that I found more excruciating is that I had to wait for the manga chapters to come in bulk as volumes. In Japan, readers of manga have the chance to read each chapter of a series as it comes out. I also wanted the chance to have the story come at me in a steady stream rather than in bulk after months of waiting for a US publisher to translate and release the manga. I never thought about manga being read on line until my friend recommended that go read a series called Mega Tokyo on a we site.

The series was being released by a United States artist. From there, I learned

that people on the internet, fans of manga, were translating and scanning manga chapters straight from Japan and posting them on the internet for other fans, for free! These scanlations were wonderful! They were usually released after a new chapter of a manga was translated and edited, so I could read it soon after my counter part Japanese fans. Onemanga. com is a web site that collects different manga series and puts them neatly on one simple web site.

When I first started using onemanga, I loved it. I usually go to each of the individual sacnlation group’s web sites in order to directly download a chapter as it is released for a particular series. With onemanga how ever, I could just click on the title of a series, select the chapter of the series I wish to read, and view the pages of the chapter as the load directly on to my computer screen. It was absolutely wonderful! Another aspect I enjoy about Onemanga is that I have different options of flipping through the pages.

I can simply click on the page I am ...

• looking at to go to the next page or I can use the right and left arrows of my key board to move forward or backward through the pages. I think this is very useful. I end up using the arrows to move through the pages because I can use the right and left arrows to go forward or backward and the up or down arrows to move up or down on the page. The page is also conveniently large enough that I can read the translations with out any difficulty.

I can make out all the words with out having to zoom in or out or strain my eyes. When ever I go to onemanga, the first thing I check are the new releases section, which shows the latest updates for different series as they come out by the day. That way, I do not have to check the home pages of each series I am reading in order to see if there have been any updates or not. I love this feature because it saves me time.

Another feature I like is

the listing of all the top mangas. I like to know what my fellow manga fans are reading, what they like, if there is a new popular series that I should start reading, or if one of my favorite series is moving up in the ranks. I know that there are other web sites where one can read manga online, but onemanga by far has been the best web site for online manga reading. Some problems I always have with the other web sites are pop up advertisements.

They are horrible and interrupt the flow of my reading. They are so distracting that I have no motivation to continue reading and just go to download the individual chapter as image documents. Onemanga has no such pop up ads so far. Onemanga is also virus free, which is very important.

With other manga reader web sites, my computer screen always freezes or I get a warning from my internet security tools telling me I have a new virus. It is dangerous and inconvenient. With Onemanga, I feel that I can read manga online safely and with out risks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2027071210141131/k2311a0727/7.27.10