Verizon High Speed Internet (Internet Connection)
1.5
  • I guess my experience basically defines you get what you pay for
  • I thought they has a small error and were able to address it
  • Well, when I finally got to the cancelation desk I figure out that I was pulled into a one year contract and the termination fee cost more than subscribing for a year with them
  • Now I do not know what you think, but I think this is overly outrageous
  • So folks, if you are looking for a reliable service stay away from Verizon High Speed Internet I would not recommend it to anyone

• by kirbystar7

The internet is currently the most valued necessity for most these days. It is the main form of communication all around the world. To access the internet, one must subscribe to a service provider such as Verizon, Cox, etc. For me, I unluckily chose Verizon since they were cheap. I guess my experience basically defines you get what you pay for. I moved into my new house a couple years back and an internet connection was at the peak of my priorities list along with other household necessities.

In my area the companies that you could choose to subscribe to services from were Cox and Verizon. When weighing out the price differences Verizon seemed like a very good deal, giving me the phone and internet for a relatively low price. What I was in for was a rude awakening? I ordered the service and it took the equipment 2 weeks to arrive. Once it arrived the activation date took another week. So that’s three weeks without internet, I do not know how I was able

to survive without internet for that long.

I should have taken that as a warning sign and cancel my service at that point. Well, I did not and that why I had to suffer the atrociously slow speed. It was unbearable. I have had DSL with Bell South before and trust me, it was not this slow. While my friends had blazing fast internet connections I was stuck with an internet connection that made it feel like I was using dial up.

Now come on, anything that slow should cease to exist cause who could stand it. I know, I can’t. So, why didn’t I cancel it at this point? I thought they has a small error and were able to address it. Guess what, a month pasted and everything was still the same. So about a month and a half later I decide to cancel it, guess what I got from Verizon.

I was transferred to a bunch of different people trying to advertise me other services. I was not sure if the cancelation ...

• department was sales or not anymore cause they seemed like it. Even with a persistent no, I receive information about other services which I was not interested in. Well, when I finally got to the cancelation desk I figure out that I was pulled into a one year contract and the termination fee cost more than subscribing for a year with them. Now I do not know what you think, but I think this is overly outrageous.

I have been raised by the standard that I work hard for the money I make so I should spend it wisely. Well, guess what I decided that I had to keep the service. I went on with it for about a year and canceled as soon as I got the chance. So folks, if you are looking for a reliable service stay away from Verizon High Speed Internet I would not recommend it to anyone. It is slow and inconvenient for people to use.

When watching videos on Youtube the videos kept on stalling. Come on, the

videos on there are very low in size at least be able to stream them at a good pace. Furthermore, I usually play games with my friends. The lag is unbearable. I do not know how to explain it.

One moment you are fighting someone and the next they are not right in front of you anymore or you end up losing. These are the tedious things that annoy me greatly. The service does offer something that is good about it. It includes a free router that is built with the modem inside of it. It allows you to save space and for your files to transfer from one computer to another very easily.

Plus it allows multiple computer to access the internet and for us to be able to share a network printer. Even with all of this, it does not compensate for the terrible slow and atrociously slow speeds. If you are picking a new internet service I would stay away from them cause the speed is just not there with all the services available now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2127071210091131/k2311a0727/7.27.10