Noodles and Company Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
5900 Kingstowne Blvd Kingstowne, VA 22315
  • When I think of noodles, I either think of Chinese food or Italian food
  • There is a small size and a regular size, which I decided to go with
  • My first experience had been bland and wasteful enough for me to actively avoid eating at the place
  • I avoided the tomatoes just because I dislike them, but I thought the pasta was delicious
  • Over all, I recommend eating at Noodles and Co

• by kirbystar7

Some times, I am just in the mood to eat noodles. When I think of noodles, I either think of Chinese food or Italian food; I always forget that there are many other cuisines that have noodles. When my friend told me about how there was a restaurant just for all the different kinds of noodles there are, I was very excited. My craving for noodles is spontaneous and at times considered rare, but when it is there, it is very strong. On one of these occasions, I dragged my friend along with me so that we could eat an early dinner at Noodles and Co. The first time I came to Noodles and Co.

, I found that the menu to be very simple. There seemed to be one or two noodle dishes of different types of cuisines. To be honest how ever, nothing on the menu looked particularly appetizing. I ended up buying the buttered noodles because I just could not decided what I wanted to eat despite my craving for noodles. There is a small size and a regular size, which

I decided to go with.

The buttered noodles were the least expensive item on the menu so I had just decided to go with it. When I received my dish, it tasted like noodles and butter, just like the name. I do not know what I was expecting but I felt cheated. My dinner tasted like it could have been made at home by boiling dry pasta from a box and melting some grocery store butter from the fridge to put over it. I felt like I was gaining unnecessary calories and I was very displeased.

It was not until a year later that I would go back to Noodle and Co. to eat there again. My first experience had been bland and wasteful enough for me to actively avoid eating at the place. When friends suggested it, I rejected it. When my sister came home with some left over food from Noodles and Co.

one day, I decided to eat what ever she had left. She had ordered the Pesto Cavatappi with some chicken meat. I am not sure if I was ...

• just hungry that day so any thing would have tasted good, but I got over my aversion for Noodles and Co. with just some left over food as a snack. The noodles were not even hot, they were cool by then.

From plain observation and taste, the pesto cavatappi had pesto, basil, tomato, mushroom, cavatappi pasta, olive oil, parmesan cheese and chicken. I avoided the tomatoes just because I dislike them, but I thought the pasta was delicious. I decided that if I ever went to Noodle and Co. again, this dish would be the one to order. The next time I went to Noodles and Co.

, I ordered the Pesto Cavatappi with Chicken, the regular size. The place had the feel of a fast food restaurant. I would order my food at the cash register, pay, and wait for my food. I figured that this type of atmosphere lowered my expectations for the quality of their food. I ordered my dish with out tomatoes, and my request was gratefully honored.

After ordering my food, I went to sit at one of the

tables, where a worker brought me my food. The dish tasted even better hot, with the cheese shavings melted and stringing the pasta together. I always complain about how restaurants never give me enough chicken with a pasta dish but Noodles and Co gave me plenty of chicken. My favorite part of the dish was definitlely the addition of chunks of mushroom. I did not finish my meal, and was very full.

I feel that for the atmosphere of the place, my meal was a little on the pricier side. I ended up paying a little over ten dollars for my dish and drink, which I feel is a little too much for lunch time. The fast food nature of the place just made me feel as if I owe the place less, but I paid as much as I would pay going to a sit down restaurant with waiters. Over all, I recommend eating at Noodles and Co. at least once, but I would not expect too much as a new customer.

I will be eating here again if some one suggests it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 727071210071131/k2311a0727/7.27.10