Blackberry Bold 9700  » Electronics  »
  • I believe that the Bold 9700 is a great choice for first-time smartphone users
  • I think that the text messaging on this phone is superb
  • In terms of the negatives, this phone unfortunately does make you unhappy sometimes

• by anonymouskid210

I believe that the Bold 9700 is a great choice for first-time smartphone users. I believe that this may be one of RIM’s best products up to date. It has a strong camera which is at a standard 3 mega pixels, and the flash really helps for indoor pictures. I think that the text messaging on this phone is superb.

Before I got this phone, I was a bit skeptical if the keyboard was really that great for messaging as everyone had claimed. To be honest, messaging took a little time to get used to on this phone. The keys are slightly squeezed in, but are sufficiently wide enough for fast texting.

In less than a week, I was texting faster on a phone than I ever had

in my life! The keyboard is great as everyone claims, but it does take some time to get used to, so do not be discouraged at first. Furthermore, this phone, like others, has an “indicator” at the top right of the phone for alerts. This is a great feature which I find other smartphones lack.

The indications that the feature offers include unread messages, calender alerts, and battery life, showing that the phone is either charging or dying. Not only does it make the phone look cool, but it is great if your phone is visible to you (say next to you on the table ) and you want to know if you received a message without an annoying sound effect or vibration. Lastly, I want to say ...

• that the phone’s trackpad is extremely responsive.

In terms of the negatives, this phone unfortunately does make you unhappy sometimes. I am not sure if it is just my phone or the production of this phone, but my phone from time to time will freeze. There are only a few ways that I find can fix it.

You either have to wait (usually a minute or two) or power the phone off. Also, after downloading an application, the phone can lag with the trackpad, but it is a side-effect that usually goes away after minutes. I was not fully satisfied with the web browsing which can get frustrating at times.

Because it is not a touchscreen phone, I think that the ability to navigate around the page and

zooming in and out is much more difficult than it should have to be. Also, watching videos from Youtube sometimes are hard, because the screen is not too big. Apart from web browsing, I think the only thing else unfortunate about the phone is the variety of applications on the “Blackberry App World”.

I also have an iPod touch, and the plentiful amount of apps will never make you bored of your recently downloaded app. But in the Blackberry store, there are mostly applications for productivity, and not much for games (at least in terms of the free ones). Apart from these things, I think that this phone is a great choice, a good fit in your pocket, and good value for its money.

You should be pleased with this choice.

Blackberry Bold 9700

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1627071209921131/k2311a0727/7.27.10