Sony IC Recorder ICD UX 80
  • What can I say about Sony other than they have impressed me yet again
  • I found I was falling behind on my studies in that course and my peer tutor suggested I start recording the lectures
  • Another feature I am incredibly fond of is the convenient USB connection
  • I have never had an issue with running out of space on my recorder since I have never hit the 590 hours it is capable of holding
  • I would totally recommend this recorder to others

• by Tripple

What can I say about Sony other than they have impressed me yet again. I purchased their IC Recorder ICD UX80 a while ago to help me through some tough lectures at university. I was having trouble in one class being able to focus on what the professor was saying. He speaks rather quickly and has a southern accent which I had difficulty keeping up with. I found I was falling behind on my studies in that course and my peer tutor suggested I start recording the

lectures. That way I could play them back later and update my notes.

There were some specific qualities I was looking for in a recorder when I went shopping. The main feature I needed was suitable playback control. With the Sony, I am able to control the speed at which I listen to the playback. This is extremely useful to me as I am now able to take accurate notes to study from. Another feature I am incredibly fond of is the convenient USB connection. I ...

• can plug it right into my computer and transfer the voice file to my computer. This allows me to free up the space on the recorder for further recordings.

I have never had an issue with running out of space on my recorder since I have never hit the 590 hours it is capable of holding! Since the 2 GB IC chip it has allows me to do multiple recordings, over and over, without losing clarity, I just clear it off and start again.

Did I mention my computer is a Mac? Not

everything is compatible with the Mac, so I was very pleased that this recorder was. It makes life so much simpler when my electronics speak the same language! I am very happy with my choice of recorders and was also happy with the price. I paid under $150 for the Sony ICD UX 80, which totally fit my student budget. The beauty of it is I will be able to use this recorder even after I complete my psychology degree. I would totally recommend this recorder to others.

Sony IC Recorder ICD UX 80

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1627071209851131/k2311a0727/7.27.10